//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

no way!! still waiting for mine to ship.

24 Likes

Wow, this reminds me of the movie Pi.

1 Like

Are we family now?

24 Likes

Wow… looks fun, What are they?

Bastle Instrument’s “Soft Pop” and the “Double Knot” synth (which you can find more infos about on this topic The Double Knot - synth ) I know because I’d love to have them both ^^

2 Likes

6 Likes

That is a marvelous space indeed! I love it!

New York fun from my Machines In Music trip: David Tudor’s boxes, 2x RCA Mk2, David Tudor’s Buchla

34 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: woof

OMG SO SIQ!

I was so bummed I couldn’t make the the talk yesterday - fingers crossed there was some documentation!

Wild to see some of his Buchla equip. I saw some of the home made boxes at the Tudor conference at Weslyan last year, but had no idea about the extent of the Buchla stuff (those touch-plates < 3)

5 months into modular and just starting cello. Can’t wait to be playing these two together!

38 Likes

Had a lot of fun messing around with this rungler patch the other day - running all the outputs through my modular. Everything is clocked chaotically from the rungler:

Here’s some sound snippets mixed down to stereo for the curious:

8 Likes

I was fortunate to hang out with Tudor’s boxes while studying music at Wesleyan!

4 Likes

so sick!

If you’d be willing to share, super curious what’s going on with the dcblocker~ object in yr patch. Is that for bringing CV back into Max-land?

Thanks. I’m trying to decide what to do with them now. In a sense they are 8-channel non-durational compositions, but I do feel the need to do more with them. It’s just that every time I start to chop them up or edit, they lose the chaos that makes them special…

The dcblocker~ is just filtering out anything < 20hz, from the helpfile (part of JASCH objects):

I should probably use biquad~, but dcblocker~ is easier to remember than those coefficients!

After recording these I realised that Xaoc Drezno and Meng Qi Karp can produce lots too.

edit - looking at this again it only filters out very low frequencies (like < 0.5 hz) but also removes any offset, of course. Maybe I should be using cross~ before recording too…

2 Likes

ME too!! When were you ther?

14 Likes

Yeah, you know from experience, the strings don’t sound too good like that.

i have even heard of people attaching the viola neck to the body before playing it.
(macbook works fine tho, btw)

2 Likes