//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Makes sense. I can imagine having some fun with the Dicer as is. Not sure I have use for it at the moment, though. In that same vein, I tend to have my SP-303 next to my drum set and use it to record / trigger lives samples. It’s a blast.

This thing fell into my lap:

19 Likes

Ouch!

#dadjoke20characters

5 Likes

Saving up for a professional job is definitely the best way to do it if you want it to function exactly as planned. I just couldn’t stretch my budget (or patience) any further. :sweat:

I am in the market for a Tascam Porta05 - same concept!

The progress of my DIY case, along with some pics of a playdate with @tremblap.

Testing some modules:

So many synths…:

The current state of things:

23 Likes

with the beloved pitch wheel!

Yes :slight_smile:

Haven’t really had time to sink my teeth into it yet, but everything seems to work fine, except som scraping pots.

@iggrok I’ve also been on the lookout for a 4-track from Tascam, as I’ve heard they’re usually of a higher quality, but I’m sure this one suits my needs just as well!

15 Likes

Not as many wires here but I do have good lighting

44 Likes

Hey @davidjez, how do you like the Make Noise Dynamix?

whoa. that looks quite … minimal

30 Likes

I like the dynamix. A good addition for sure. I like most MN gear. It’s usually very well thought out even if you don’t recognize it initially. Morphagene has also been loads of fun.

Tiny tapeloops!
Successfully tried my hand at making some tapeloops on micro-cassettes. Fun stuff :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Respect! I found it infuriatingly fiddly making regular cassette loops.

3 Likes

TELEX modules installed and ready to go

32 Likes

Gorgeous case! Tell me more about it?

Is it a Lamond? Characters

Well spotted @AlessandroBonino, it is indeed made by Ross Lamond, who conveniently lives quite close to me. He did a fantastic job on this and is really great guy to hang out with. One good thing about have such a beautiful case is that changing to something larger is simply not an option!

8 Likes