//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Cool, have they any stock left. I looked online the other day and they were out.

Looks like they’re out now, but I spoke with Ulf at EFN a couple of days prior and he said he believed to have two/three in stock at that moment. This was a week ago! So you could try emailing him : - )

Yeah, I’ll try that out for sure! : - )

I wanted something more than the traditional filter in terms of subtractive synthesis, and the MMG was actually one of the first modules I got as it could replace the use of a VCA (as LPG) before I got the ModDemix. I’m not that experienced yet so I can’t compare the MMG to other filters, but I really like the sound and bite of it. I heard that it is going out of production because of some sort of component that will soon be banned, or something like that? Anyways, I thought it would be a cool module to hold as they run out. I’m sure Make Noise will follow up with something in the near future. Hoping for a wavefolder maybe, like the one in the 0-coast, which sounds really good IMO!

Vactrols, because of cadmium in the photoresistance, will be banned in the EU (because of RoHs) in 2019. So Excelitas decided to halt production. That’s what I remember.

2 Likes

From what I understand, vactrols have been banned in the EU, so most manufacturers are phasing them out of their products.

Edit: jinx @AlessandroBonino

1 Like

Love at first sight…

10 Likes

A further update from the 3d printed drum brackets I posted earlier.

I finally test fitted them on my snares, and the combination of a “little” top and regular bottom gives me the most flexibility across snare sizes and types. And hair ties appear to be the material of choice for attaching the thing to a snare.

I’ve ordered some shorter adjustment bolts and wingnuts to make the whole thing more compact and easily adjustable.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Haven’t had much bandwidth for music over the last few months, pulled out the '11 MacBook that’s my music machine a few weeks ago and discovered the battery had reached the end of its life. Ordered an Amazon replacement, and got around to putting it in a couple days ago, and discovered some significant battery swell. It was a nervous-making half hour or so.

8 Likes

'Tis the season to put hats on cassettes.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Just came across this picture from last summer (first iteration of my Manta case).

22 Likes

New year’s resolution: tighten up my cable maintenance game.

8 Likes

Beautiful!! Mine just arrived too

1 Like

Happy holidays, gang, from the UK (and the new grid node library)

39 Likes

15 Likes

studio corner

17 Likes

I bumped into some “portabilism” videos a few weeks ago and was so excited at the idea of getting into scratching on a portable turntable. It’s a relatively inexpensive ( $60 fader, already had the portable turntable) barrier to entry and a lot of fun. Been scratching over Volca fm jams

20 Likes

the most exciting part, I wonder what happens next? I already know and will post in latest tracks when I get the time

23 Likes

My Christmas present:
Marantz CP-430 :sunglasses:

43 Likes