//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Hey - using the no vari with WhiteWhale module. I loaded the Orca firmware onto it as this doesn’t rely on the varibright so much.

1 Like

And here’s the setup from last night – the same band, a very different vibe :slight_smile:

20 Likes

My girlfriend got me a Moog Mother 32 for my birthday last year and now I refuse to open Serum for anything.

15 Likes

No(rns)tebook

26 Likes

the setup of an old gig in Rome. on the right side there are a Modular G2, a Machinedrum, Monomachine and an MPC500… everything was controlled by specifics performance patches that I made on G2
1910172_75553169391_7732659_n

11 Likes

my setup from a show last night. ipad running samplr / audulus / pattering. samplr / audulus live sampled in to mlr then in to octatrack. the audio interface lets me send each app out individually in to their own separate track on the octatrack for live sampling / effects. it also lets me midi sync pattering with the with the ot. volca clocked by the octatrack cue out and live sampled as well.

23 Likes

They just started singing to each other!

21 Likes

Eigenharp Pico as controller for the Continuum. Nice to be able to use a piece of under utilized gear.

7 Likes

do you mind talking about how you are using that rodec/sherman filter box?

Sure, currently it’s on an external effect on a send out of Ableton and goes into an Eventide H9. It means I can route anything through from my setup, it’s a handy workhorse.

I sold a couple of Elektron boxes and finally I got a new acoustic guitar:
A Maton SRS70C

The top is made of solid sitka spruce, while bottom and sides are solid Tasmanian Blackwood.
Queensland maple neck and Rosewood fretboard.

I tried many guitars in the shop yesterday and this was the right one for me.

29 Likes

Looks beautiful, good looking on that cut out, too! I’ve strained my wrist too many times on my dreadnought to get the full range of notes when playing acoustic :disappointed:

What’s the scale length?

Got the little one his own system… amazing sonic potential… but needs a few repairs (all the supposed “1V/oct” oscillators are tracking a bit differently)

21 Likes

Hey… I know of an uglysound. Did that come from Fargo by any chance?

No, not from Fargo… The bottom panel is Stroh… I’ll have to message him on MW. Isn’t the Uglysound person in SF?

21 frets, 25,5” scale.

26 Likes

I built a new little drone machine, premiered last weekend in Geneva / Archipel festival (Switzerland) by Greek composer Marianthi Papalexandri-Alexandri Solo for generators, motors and wind resonators
Performed by Susanne Fröhlich

IMG_4032

45 Likes

sounds please! looks great.

3 Likes

Like it! Love to hear a bit more about the construction .what are the friction wheels made from that rub the strings? what speed to they rotate? do I spot some gurdy style cottoning of the string?