//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

8 Likes

Little setup!

20 Likes

Would love to hear some samples of this setup!

Drone sound experiment with tapeloops on walkman mod:

Audio-video version:

15 Likes
2 Likes

Finally got around to modifying one of my (3d printed) Novation Dicer snare mounts so it can hold a Teensy-based mini crossfader.

It’s something I’ve wanted to do for ages now, but I wanted to come up with a new design for the snare mount so the crossfader could fold down when not in use, but in testing this setup, it’s sufficiently out of the way that I don’t need to worry about it getting smacked around.

I need to dust off my crossfader/turntable chops as I haven’t really touched one since moving a whole bunch of times in the last couple of years, but the idea would be to combine some of the snare/feedback playing I’ve been doing (with my left hand), with some cutting/turntable techniques in my right hand.

15 Likes

Currently waiting on a Teletype to swap out for the NerdSeq. :blush:

24 Likes

This is absolutely insane and I love the very life out of it

2 Likes

teletype plus just friends is 32 hp :wink: but seriously im rlly into this setup/case - what do u plan for the new 14hp?

1 Like

Exactly that combo haha. I had a Pam, JF and a Sisters in there but it’s forever changing.

2 Likes

Took the eurorack out for the 2nd time, Cementimental x Nosnibor live at the Victoria Dalston on friday.

17 Likes

Thanks for posting this, what a great vid!

Hi folks :wave:t2:
I’ve been lurking for a bit, and finally decided to join this great community. Here’s a recent shot of my rig — as always, it’s a work-in-progress…

24 Likes

welcome !! love your lighting and set up :slight_smile: whats that lil thing in the hands?

2 Likes

Thanks @renegog :pray:t2:
That little gem is Purple Rain, from DigDugDIY…

Here’s a guitar loop running through it

4 Likes

holy moly… i’m so glad i asked :OOO

2 Likes

Yeah that is really cool. Are they available or how do you get one?

EDIT: Just saw the Etsy link :blush:

2 Likes

DigDugDIY stuff sells out so fast. You can keep an eye on reverb, or follow them on socials — they always post when launching a new batch.

3 Likes

I was searching around for more info on the CX5M since discovering this piece from 1995 by Michael Parsons (founding member of the Scratch Orchestra and significant post-Cage English composer)—perhaps you and others might be interested… apologies in advance for commenting on a really old post.

2 Likes

Interesting, he actually used the 4op synth built in to the CX5m.

Morton Subotnick was also a user, but as a synth editor for his TX816 rather than as a sound source…

1 Like