//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

What’s under the dark energy?

1 Like

@mateo It’s a Yamaha FX500 – almost constantly set on patch 40 (“Soft Focus”). Apparently it’s what the FX500 is known for :slightly_smiling_face: Slowdive used it a lot .

I plan to have some recordings available on the night so am working in that direction with my nightly ‘rehearsals’.

The Dark Energy and FX500 also appear here on the “by rights i shouldn’t be here at all” EP posted above (//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////).

Thinking about it, all but the Zed10 have been fixed by me. That actually feels quite pleasing!

8 Likes

twenty characters of “seconded”

1 Like

Love the spaghetti bowl :spaghetti::spaghetti::spaghetti:

2 Likes

Gotta get my cable management game together

9 Likes

@Noisetrees & @cour13r5 - this is the kind of sounds I’m making as of yesterday… straight to stereo, no post processing/editing. I think it’s getting somewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ahhhh i dig this a lot. bookmarking for deeper listening. thanks for sharing!

1 Like

sounds like this…

5 Likes

Picked up this late 50’s / early 60’s speaker at the thrift store today. Lovely character.

Jennen was an Amsterdam brand that sold Japanese tube amps and the like, rebranded under the Jennen name. This one by Foster Electric in Japan.

16 Likes

My “poor man’s Music Easel” setup. The arp on the launchkey mini mk 3 is really fun.

11 Likes

My “Makeshift Shared System” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

had to wait til i knew everyone’s names. canna’s very new to the coterie, but i think they’ll help out a lot.

6 Likes

27 Likes
8 Likes

I’ve made a playlist for these rehearsals/experiments — I need to formalise track titles structures etc. really!

3 Likes

Does the Jaguar go through all the pedals or are they for the opz/norns too ?

The vintage ~150W PA did a good job for Car Free Day in Stoke Newington in north London last Sunday, and could be heard several streets away despite never going much beyond half maximum volume. The speaker jack cables were trying to escape thanks to the sub bass on a Twenty One Pilots track played between live acts, but that’s what gaffer tape was invented for; lots of it – and the bass wasn’t distorting either, thankfully.

6 Likes

Jaguar + pedals are on one channel of the mixer, op-z is on another. The norns is on the aux send, so I can use both instruments(+ a mic) with the norns.

Sunday with the family
(Took a pic while uploading those Autechre 2008 Sysex files)

18 Likes

Wait what the heck kind of modules are there??