//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Built a passive LPG with a socket to try out different caps. DIY vacrol using some vintage LDR I had knockin around, the modern ones I have a big bag of are too slow (tho might still make an ultra slow one next to this on the protoboard, could be good for something). Still don’t fully ‘get’ lpgs, I kind of like it best with no cap (just as a vactrol powered gate_) or just a Dc-blocking one that makes no apparent difference to the sound :S

Some messing with it = frogbird: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8YyG70n7Vg/?igshid=14pxa0pywpah6

7 Likes

my setup from a show last week

31 Likes

Finally starting to get a euro setup that I really like. Focusing a lot less on GAS and on music theory now , so I think aside from some DIY (monome and 500 series) I’m more or less satisfied.

15 Likes

We’re gonna need to hear a recording of that one.

1 Like

great photo :slight_smile:

1 Like

…with emphasis on Machines, these DMX to PWM controlled motors make the strings sing in a quite special way, then I tune them with my eurorack. It’s for a performance premiering in march :slight_smile:

35 Likes

nice !
20 characters

Apologies in advance for the strongly worded coaster. :grimacing:

10 Likes

looks like an inside out hurdy gurdy! I’d love to hear a sound sample

1 Like

I need a coaster like that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Loving this wee rig.

30 Likes

Ah I love Johanson but I’ve never seen him live (which is a shame because I think he resides/resided in the south of France ?), must have been great !

1 Like

That’s a nice little set up! Do you have any recordings with it? I’m curious on how the 0- coast can be combined with a small modular set up.

(staff notice: to keep this thread on-topic, please continue the conversation around making graphics/art based on favorite objects in art; the thread about. thank you from your forum staff.)

3 Likes

Nothing yet. Literally just racked yesterday, but getting some really lovely sustained drones out of it. The 0 Coast is on loan from a friend but it’s an excellent little all-in-one companion.

2 Likes

Yeah indeed! I have it for 2 years now and I’m trying to find little set ups that work well with it. Really liked your idea. I think I’m gonna get a cold mac soon.

2 Likes

Trying to learn how to get a tracker to do slow moving ambient music.

5 Likes

An entire album of a tracker doing mellow ambient: https://fascinatingearthboundobjects.com/2017/05/11/quietest-chime-nvr048/

He’s even shared his SunVox code.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to take a listen :slight_smile:

nice! What kind of case is that? is that 64hp? I like that size :grinning: