//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

21 Likes

Lot of love for the simplifier! I sold mine and upgraded to the DLX last month and it’s been amazing to use

It really has upped my guitar sampling game!

playing a show this weekend! calls for practicing on the floor, natch

59 Likes

I want to be able to put whatever modular patch + pedal combination I’m working on on top of a cupboard or whatever when it’s not in use.

My a e s t h e t i c is… stuff I had lying about, roughly cut. In retrospect I think the Tip top ears are a little too hifi for me. Should of just used more plywood.

Instead of an output module I just have Zoom H5 that happily accepts the output from both the modular and the MS70, so I can just rewire depending on what I’m doing. Do need something to integrate Norns audio with the modular, though.

The “bus board” is just strip board. I also use a “flying bus board”. The euro power cables ended up being a bit of a mess underneath, but I think it’s fine. PSU is a Mean Well PD-2512. It’s open frame so you have to be careful with the finger poking, hence the need for wood on all sides. Luckily I have a collection of random cuts of wod and I just picked whatever meant less sawing.

This apparatus must be properly earthed.

6 Likes

Performing a livecoding set with these at Wavetable #1 on Thurs 18th in Edinburgh :japanese_ogre:

TR - 06
--------------------------
Teletype Controlled

22 Likes

Huh wild!! I was literally thinking of building an extra deep euro case with a self contained 3 way plug in it for norns + euro + extra usb power, all in one box, so the setup barrier to making music is only a single wall plug and a headphone plug. Good to know I’m not the only one with that idea!!

Nice! Do you have a modulargrid? I’m curious to see how your rig has evolved :sunglasses:

This looks gorgeous! What a nice keyboard!

1 Like

your wish is my command! https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_795162.jpg?1636986608

(the actual layout in the picture differs from what’s pictured here)

7 Likes

How do you like the Bifold? I just started using a uFold and it’s really opened up my analog oscillator, which only has a couple of wave options.

1 Like

I like it a lot, but I’m still trying to find the best ways to modulate it. Any tips would be very welcome!

2 Likes

I was hoping you had some tips for me :joy:

Now, I’m not normally the type of person who uses an VCA between a mod source and destination, but I find it really nice with the uFold. I guess less is more isn’t a great tip because everyone already knows that right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the Bifold. This might not apply much to the uFold, but my favorite thing to do with it lately is to run a very plucky sine arpeggio through a LPG into the Bifold, then use unsynchronized LFOs on each of the Fold P, Fold S, and Crossfade inputs. Makes for quite a nice bit of drifting tonal variation using just a sine osc. This is my first wavefolder though so I have a lot to learn yet!

3 Likes

I love this thing. It’s making me reconsider so many of the sampler/grooveboxes that I’ve purchased in the past few years. All of them had their place, but the M8 is on another level and ticks so many of my personal boxes- it’s portable, has a rechargeable battery, streams stereo samples, has micro-editing/step-sequencing, independent track lengths and time signatures, multiple tools for manipulating samples, three fully realized digital synth engines, multitrack rendering.

If I was forced to sell everything I had and keep just one piece of gear, the M8 would easily be a contender next to my Octatrack… but the two together is the ultimate pair.

42 Likes

Here are a few pics of my setup. I had been making music strictly with software for many years, but got the itch to buy a hardware synth (Minilogue) right before the pandemic hit. It has obviously snowballed out of control, hehe. I don’t really have any more physical space to put things now, but may sell the Minilogue and grab an Octatrack. The Hydrasynth is the newest addition and the flexibility of it’s engine has slowed down the GAS for new Eurorack modules at least for the time being.

16 Likes

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. Really enjoy this forum!
Here are some of my Soviet synths.

52 Likes

I really like how the Intellijel case fits with the Mantis!

Also, I see a Push but where is the computer monitor? :sunglasses:

Just finnished second prototype: balancing output module for euro (using vintage transfomer).

32 Likes

And here is my CL set up.

16 Likes