//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

I’m curious what program you’ll be using for audio recording/mixing/etc. on a Linux box, if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

bzzshhh

22 Likes

womwom

25 Likes

this foto is life

so good

1 Like

brian + kelli performing earlier this week in portland.
they played a super great set.

43 Likes

I’m not sure yet. The fallback position is to keep using OSX for audio stuff, either by moving my Mac Mini to the other side of the room next to my equipment, or I might try running OSX in a VM. My soundcard doesn’t work in Linux, so that makes things a bit more complicated.

I started this thread (Linux on the desktop) a few weeks back, there is some good info in there.

2 Likes

Reaper and Bitwig both run on Linux. I use Reaper for most of my recording /mixing on my Mac anyway.

2 Likes

I love this machine! :heart_eyes:

13 Likes

From my set w/ Kelli + Brian the other night.

26 Likes

would love to see any video captured from your set with the new visuals!

2 Likes

Here is a little clip that was posted to Instagram

All three of our sets were recorded audio+video so those should surface at some point.

24 Likes

I wish I still lived out there so I could have witnessed what appears to be a beautiful set. Can’t wait to hear the whole thing.

1 Like

That sounds very lovely. The projections are wonderful as well - looks to have been a special eve.

2 Likes

waiting with anticipation!

4 Likes

this arrived today.

23 Likes

ah thanks :yum:
Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Quickly becoming my favorite corner of the apartment.

11 Likes

How is the MicroKorg XL? I’ve always been curious about how different it is compared to the original.

2 Likes

listened to it twice on my commute home last night, beautiful record.

1 Like

Practicing my scratching, while learning about multithreading in Max, while my Banjo watches from the sidelines (eagerly waiting to perform with @tehn and @instantjuggler this sunday).

13 Likes