//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

Treated myself to a SoftPop :slight_smile:

14 Likes

oooh, enjoy! it’s a little beast

1 Like

I love the paper they use to wrap their stuff in!

1 Like

hey, might I ask you how deep is that enclosure?
I’m planning to build one!

field trip to the big tujunga dam today.

36 Likes

@David_Rothbaum Do you bring along an amp or just play over headphones? Would be fun to hear some location recordings with your synth in situ.

1 Like

Field Recording in a semi recent burned stand of ponderosa pines in central Oregon. Mikes positioned between two adolescent manzanitas, front of board, so to speak. I had hoped to capture some woodpecker drumming but had to settle for some light pecking, various flycatchers, and the gentle creaking of the trees as the wind passed through the stand.

https://soundcloud.com/foresttones/pole-creek-burn

21 Likes

Can we start a new meme of “This thread is worthless without wavs”? I wanna hear that burned out forest so bad! :slight_smile:

ps. “worthless” is WAY more strong of a word here than I want, I’m just going with a modified version of “This thread is worthless without pictures”

4 Likes

so far just headphones but i would like to have some mics to set-up as well to capture the environment.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, I always want to hear a file when I see such pictures. I’ll put something together soon. But be warned: I was lazy that day and arrived at the spot in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, so it’s a pretty mediocre capture, with little bird song and a ton of airplane flybys. But I’ll give it a go and throw together something.

Edit: Sample added via soundcloud. See above.

3 Likes

Short performance in my Dad’s amazing building/community project. Huge space made out of recycled and found materials (and some insane creative and interactive details and features).

20 Likes

post norns purchase downsizing.

22 Likes

how do you like it? i borrowed one for a day and surprisingly did some lovely drones with it. cool piece of gear!

enjoying it so far! having a lot of fun cross patching it with Kastle 1.5’s noise mode :smiley:

1 Like

WOW an MPC60 (the best) and a Drumulator!

sp1200, not drumulator…
close!!!

1 Like

This is my studio.

27 Likes

Little handmade 42hp case. Plenty left to learn, woodwork wise.

55 Likes

4 Likes

my last performance as a college student (on graduation day no less!) was last night at the boston musuem of fine arts

32 Likes