//// pictures of our sound-making machines ////

you gotta hip me on percussion things to get when i come visit!!!

2 Likes

honestly your dexterity, strength, and motor coordination learned over years juggling should translate well to drumming

1 Like

Will do!
Really looking forward to it too! (though if we play together at the gig I’m thinking of doing banjo + electronics + lightbulbs, and if we do a separate video at home, then drums + electronics stuff)

I’m constantly surprised by this, even though I know it will happen! Just had a turntable lesson this weekend and it felt really good. Obviously a lot of things to adapt to (following the record around, and getting a feel for where it is at all times, and the crossfader ‘rhythm’), but I was able to get some reasonable sounding scratching going pretty quickly.

4 Likes

Close up of footswitch I’ve been working on, with a pixel sorting plugin I recently got.

13 Likes

Part of a music device I’m recently spending time getting reacquainted with :slight_smile:

Spent some time on the weekend tidying it up and giving it some new strings.

7 Likes

9 Likes

30 Likes

Feel almost bad to put it here x)

Here’s my crappy cheap setup, like it anyway, it makes efficient blips and blops.

18 Likes

Nothing crappy about cheap. The best gear is the gear that you have and that you use.

If it works, it works :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I agree here, no matter what gear you have, if you don’t know how to use it, wether it’s a Moog or an Ipad, it will sound like crap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful pic! What’s that tape delay in the middle?

1 Like

what’s to the left of the volca sample? looks like another volca but can’t tell for sure

Yup, that’s the Keys :slight_smile:

nice

not sure why you’d be ashamed of that setup…they are all individually powerful and more incredible together

i’m really excited about the volca fm the most right now

3 Likes

Ho that’s because everytime I have a look at this topic there’s just this enormous amount of modular awesomeness, my stuff looks weak neaby ^^ but I like it, I try to get the best out of it, Max and Pd helping a lot. :slight_smile: I’ll need a mixer soon, it’s hard to find ways to plug everything with just a soundcard, happy to have the audio In of the Electribe.
(FM looks great yeah :D)

2 Likes

4 Likes

It is a hiwatt copy of a Japanese tape echo by a company called VOCU. I love the (relatively) compact size.

2 Likes

getting ready for the new arc!!!

15 Likes

saw this backstage at the theater the other day on tour… please notice that ITS ON WHEELS!!!

3 Likes

this got me thinking (once again) that two tone aluminum 256 would be dope

1 Like