//// pictures ////

llllllll

An electric hurdy? with effects?

Really liking it so far, but I’ve only had it for a couple of days and haven’t had much time to explore. I’ve been desperate for any kind of tactile control, so I’m just thrilled to have that now.

I think I saw you post a question about Tetrapad in another thread, about it being underutilized in a small setup? Sure, it’s a little big, but I think it packs so much great stuff tha’ll come in handy in many different contexts, even within a small 84hp system – faders, stored voltages, LFOs, etc. With something like w/, it’s fun to have Tetrapad in chord mode controlling my voices, recording that as a loop, and then shifting to a different mode entirely.

Well spotted! An electro/acoustic gurdy with a three channel pickup and preamp system, one pickup for each set of strings. No internal effects (best left to the musician to decide) but I’m also developing a MIDI system for electro/acoustic gurdies which should lead to some interesting possibilities.

What is your opinion on SD Mixpre? thanks.

Barnaby,

nice wood work from what i can see…love to see more. I only added with effects as i couldnt work out why 4 knobs.
Have a 6 string hurdy with gut strings…still working on how to get a pick up on it and play it with a looper. Still very much a leaner with it. Tempremental things.

How do you like the Rabid Elephant Natural Gate, seriously considering one. PS. I’m loving using my FH-1 w/ my Teletype if you’re still on the fence about 1.

I’ve also owned – in approximate order of personal preference – a Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA, Dopefer A-101-2, Dynamic Impulse Filter, DPLPG, Gerridae, and 0HP Vactrol LPG.

Natural Gate is the best of them for sound, playability and controllability :star_struck: (I loved the sound of the Sputnik, and find the Doepfer is quite controllable. I liked DPLPG’s sound quite a bit but it didn’t work well for slow attacks or quieter CVs beneath a certain threshold.)

I got to try it with a Mangrove at KnobCon last year and was impressed by it more than anything else at the show. When it became available for sale, there was only a 7 minute gap between the timestamp on the announcement and the email confirming my purchase :laughing:

I’ve got a CV.OCD which provides 12 assignable gate/trigger/clock outputs along with 4 CVs. As far as controlling the future ER-301 goes, there are a few options that look good. FH-1 is a possibility, but there are some others too… I probably can’t go wrong with any of them but I’ll hold off on my decision for now.

On further reflection I think I’m not going for an ER-301 after all. It’s very cool, but given what my modular does for me already (and still being comfortable with software on the side) it’d be overkill.

I’m putting my Double Helix back in the Mantis, at least for now. I’ll probably move one of my VCAs from my rack to that side so I’m more inclined not to be lazy with it :slight_smile: I may add a Shades, or a couple more LS-1s or a Tetrapad or Planar or something, after I do my homework on those last two.

Once I get settled with my incoming gear (Field Kit FX, Mimetic Digitalis and Neutron) I might think again about Just Friends.

dope dope dope dope x 20

Playing the other night with Simon Berz /// Sediment and IE

If you’re in New Orleans over the next month go check out Simon’s project Sediment, it is amazing. He’s playing a lithophone with effects for some lovely resonant ambient tones.

These two arrived yesterday and are already very good friends.

THAT is an inspiring little system of noisy exploration. A little jealous of it tbh

#nofilter #ha

nice! loving that desk

Thanks! I built it!

Jamming together with my gf

Dog sitting sessions.
Anyone else have animals that freak out when you are in your own world wearing headphones?

Mine just curls up behind me and snores.