//// pictures ////

llllllll

:scream:

Played modular live in London yesterday. Enjoyed the classic “why is that sound wrong?” fixed by adding more patch cables mid show :smiley:

portrait shot of my acrylic case i just finished, just before i installed power and my mods

Last night me left today me a note in the studio so as not to disrupt the killer sounds that were coming out of the eurorack system last night. My kids are usually allowed to mess around with my synth gear, but this sound needs space and respect!!

This happened two weekends ago… still assembling recorded evidence, video to follow…

Visuals by Zachary Rodell; photos by Matt Biddulph & Roy Shade.

Killer visuals! And a lovely hat, obvs!

That is simply wonderful.
Can’t wait to see the filmed performance!

Was this at Resonant Frequencies?

As the kids say, dope chapeau.[*]

[*] I’m not sure kids say that, it would be cool if they did though.

Yup - Resonant Frequences #8, @ Soundwave Studios, Oakland

I need to make it out to that next time. Looking forward to recordings, if you’re willing to share!

Do you have an ISBN for the book? :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s called Kwaidan, ISBN 978-1435120235. Has some really good stories! And I don’t know if they’re all this way, but mine is a misprint that has like 50 pages duplicated in the middle.

Ok, so after taking some inspiration from the Studio furniture thread, I’ve gotten some furniture in the studio and kitted things out a bit more.

It’s pretty overwhelming I have to say. The moment I heard sound out of those speakers I was floored (I’ve never owned ‘real’ studio monitors, much less Genelecs…). There’s still some sound treatment and art go to up, but the studio is just about finished!

The main desk area:

The desk in context with the instrument storage next to it:

All the toys and stuff on display:

The ‘live’ area:

The ‘guitar’ area with my modified Danelectro and a junk guitar that sounds amazingly good:

The view from the drumset:

The sofa and cable storage:

“something old, something new” (OG Namasitar meets Shtar):

And a panorama for good measure:

Studio furniture

so fucking legit!!!

wow, this room looks AMAZING!

dang dude! tell us more about the acoustics in that room!

It’s not as bad as one would seem (given how big it is). I think it’s because the roof, stone wall, and recessed doors/windows. I still want to do a fair amount of sound treatment to get it sounding quite a bit drier, but that’ll be the next step.

So many cool things in these photos, yet all i fantasize about is the cable manager, I’m so broken inside… is this a hack or is this something meant to hold cables that I can purchase somewhere ? Seems like a very clever trick and I might need it soon.

Let IKEA light your way:

(that whole series is great, the two shelf/storage ones that @madeofoak suggested, this “cable” thing, and I have a rolling thing under the bamboo table too)

I only wish it came with more of the special hooks it comes with (which you can’t buy more individually as it turns out), so I bought some of their other metal hooks and bent them to be suitable. I also bent the ones that come with it so you can (easily) fit more than one cable per hook.