//// pictures ////

llllllll

Post patch

Yeah, I was mainly looking for one of these pianos because of their convenient height.
But I don’t think that’s a similar piano like I’ve got. Yours looks sort of like a smaller grand piano with that depth (or a harpsichord :flushed:)? Mine isn’t that deep at all. Just like a “regular” one, but shorter.
The sound doesn’t ring out as much as a bigger one, but I really don’t care. I mostly use it to make song ideas and now, when moving it into the “studio”, to play along to all those boring generative stuff that I’m digging myself deeper and deeeeper into.
Just a minute ago I taped a contact mic onto it and plugged it into Ears (and then everything else). Lovely…

to clarify the strings are very definitely upright, and it’s small as far as pianos go - I’ve always known it as a spinet. the notes ringing out is a rock lodged to keep the sustain pedal down always

that’s one of the sexiest phrases I’ve ever read. :slight_smile:

”Just a minute ago I taped a contact mic onto it and plugged it into Ears (and then everything else). Lovely…”

And here’s what I catched:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs9FEFQB8HF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1nszrlvo7hfzw

My carpentry project in the last few days is finally finished: a set of shallow drawers for my music desk so I can use the work surface for working rather than storing a bunch of equipment and cables. I purposefully made them just deep enough to store my various gadgets, to avoid at all costs the temptation or possibility of piling things up.

Hurdy gurdy? I am jonesing for a nyckelharpa.

I saw a nyckelharpa player recently and she was amazing… what a magical instrument!

Yep! Nyckelharpas are beautiful instruments, much more versatile and generally pleasant than gurdies in many ways, but I got hooked on buzzing and drones :slight_smile: Good luck getting hold of one! There are more and more good builders now.

I have co-workers that are from Sweden and visit regularly so I might conscript one of them to do some mule-ing for me.

Finally started some of the assembly/prep for a DIY project (with some very kind help from @okyeron on the software side of things).

This pill of bits will turn into a multi-user/multi-cast wireless haptic feedback system (for my dfscore system).

Stoked!

Pretty rough but a definite improvement on the cardboard box

Finally assembled the first of what I’m tentatively calling the 2018 community arc
clone batch (original clone design by @TheSlowGrowth) which I organised a parts group buy for in the past months. I’m really pleased with how it came out! The milled aluminium panels from Grawart are beautiful, and I broke my rule of “no more hand-made wooden knobs” but it was totally worth it. Now to see what sort of fun music I can make with it!

There is also this instrument https://youtu.be/LglHFgI2jLY

I love all the basslets, have you gotten any support from the Lofelt people?

absolutely beautiful, any plans for offering finished builds later?

I was in touch with the CEO who put me in touch with their edu/outreach person for buying a bunch of B-stock versions. Haven’t really needed to get in touch with them after that, but they were good about emails leading up to that (barring the super slow response from the CEO which is understandable).

*I got in touch with the CEO because someone put me in touch with him, not just out of the blue.

Thanks for making me aware this instrument exists! It sounds beautiful! It must be really fun playing a bowed string instrument without the struggle of intonation — it really opens up a lot of possibilities for chords and fast playing.

I went back to the other coast for an extended, month-long holiday break, and didn’t feel up to bringing my synth through airport security. We’ve been catching up.

Also thanks to @stripes for the inspiration for the square wooden case!!