//// pictures ////

llllllll

Well, I’ve only gotten about an hour of use in so far, but I’m very happy. I was usually just recording one instrument at a time and mixing in the box anyway, so I doubt I’ll miss the mixer that much, and the possibility of actually multitracking is exciting, if not a common use case.

In actual fact, I bought a NanoKontrol Studio a few months ago and it has become a surprisingly key part of my gear collection—so far I have done more MIDI fader-riding than I ever did mixer-fader riding. Mostly the mixer ended up being useful for 1) I don’t want to plug and unplug my gear all the time and 2) I’m playing with someone else and I wanna be able to hear us both. This is loads better for 1) (because I don’t have to turn up an Aux Send knob to record / only record the whole master mix) and I still have plenty of room for 2).

Plus also my previous interface was cheap enough that it would start clipping randomly, but let me not get into that…

@eblomquist I got the mk4! I figured the differences seemed to mostly not be of issue to me? Everyone here and IRL I had spoken to had high praise for the Ultralite series and MOTU in general!

comforting to see that i’m not the only one who constantly needs to reference their mannequins scrolls : D

I’ve heard great things about the Mark4, but I’ve been happy with the 3 so haven’t been motivated to upgrade…

I understand the converters in the 4 are even better…

Enjoy!

I recommend to anyone who is facing a wall with their setup to put some kind of print, or in this case a tapestry, up if you haven’t already. It just felt so much better as soon as I put it up. Feng shui matters so much to me!

Also trying out a new signal / midi flow. Feels so good to move things around! :blush:

I’m still happy with my Ultralite mk3 hybrid too, hope it’s going to serve me well at least a couple more years.

@mdoudoroff on the underground :metro: reading your excellent manual

Sorry it doesn’t paginate worth a damn.

I can so relate to this!

Where did you get the angled shelf holders?

Haha it’s totally cool man every day I read it back over and every time a :bulb: goes on

I recommend re-reading Trent’s document too. The way he talks about the circuits is important.

Setup from my album release show tonight. I used the same setup as I did to record the album, and played a 40 minute improvised set.

I’ll do just that today dude thank you

what’s the aluminium box beside oto machines?

Where can that be found?

Looks like a Hinton SwitchMix.

They’re from a Swedish company called Elfa, but I guess you can get their stuff worldwide. This is from their product line called “Sparring”.

really dumb question but HOW did you not tip over the serge case?!? seeing those things on end always gives me a mild panic attack.

Stand clear of the doors! :grinning:

It is a SwitchMix as @x2mirko pointed out. It’s in a 42hp intellijel 4U case along with a 1u quadratt.

I love it, especially for setting up a performance. It makes routing modulations and effects really simple, and I even use it to route and combine gate patterns as an improvisational sequencer.