Polyphonic earthsea for trilogy/ansible and er-301/just friends/txo

Thank you for the clarification. That was a big help. Thanks for doing all of this too!

Hard to follow if this was asked or not, but I would assume if one has an i2c backpack that’s Teletype-sized, one could theoretically backpack it on the power header of Just Friends with a cable to the i2c?

Edit: I’m building it, so I wouldn’t put the i2c header that faces “down” on it, just use the headers for cables.

not sure if it would fit. you could just connect it to euro power with a regular power cable and leave it floating (but make absolutely sure there is no chance anything can accidentally touch any exposed headers! - maybe a 3rd printed case or something like that?).

Yeah that sounds great!
Pretty sure that will be plenty.
Will you be adding the pattern start and reset in the next beta too?

On a side note, scales and grid feedback.
I think we have chatted about this and you mentioned that its possible to build your own scales by selecting which buttons light up?
If this is the case, can I find that in the manual somewhere?
Would be so good to have that now as I need that visual assistance.

I’ve only just finally got it all hooked up last night and I’m still finding my way through.
Absolutely loving it btw!
Thanks so much :sparkles::pray::sparkles:

do you mean the ability to start/reset pattern? it’s already available but only on ansible, since only ansible has an extra gate input (sending a trigger to input 2 will start playback or reset the current pattern).

key mapping is included already, press and hold the top right button and press on the keys you want to highlight (2 levels of brightness available). a pattern must be stopped when you do this. polyearthsea does not support scale based key mapping since it was based on kria/meadowphysics scales.

Fantastic!

I’m using ansible so I’ll try out that pattern reset asap.
Regarding the keymapping. I just tried it and it’s awesome. I copied a scale from earthsea :smiley:

Does the key map save?
Or do I input it every time?

each preset has its own keymap and will be stored when you store a preset.

This just keeps getting better! Thanks!!!

Looks like the headers line up! Had to measure the Ansible I2c and power spacing as no board files available. Will build and test tomorrow, and upload board files if all good

20 characters of looks great!

This looks awesomely interesting!!

After spending a couple of days exploring polyES I can see this quickly becoming my main sequencer. It’s so damn good! I’m actually really enjoying the ext clocked interpretation of what I play in.
I could see a clock multiplier/divider per voice being super fun!
Been having a blast with variations on volume and octaves too, although I do wish there was a larger octave range, maybe 4 +/-?
Some more probability options over cv and gates would be unreal. It could start becoming a little generative which is nice.

Have JF controlled has blown my mind. Just the fact I now have a 6 voice synth in one module is insane! I finally have a fantastic polyphonic modular that’s really playable.

Feeling blessed by the synth wizards :sparkles:

clock div/mult per voice - this would be too complex to add i’m afraid…

larger octave range - good idea, will add that.
probability - not sure about this one but will give it a thought!

after doing some frustrating refactoring (frustrating because i broke things in the process - twice, and had to restore, meaning 2-3 days work was basically lost) i’m back to working on bug fixes / new features, hopefully new beta soon!

All good about clock div/mult per voice but would it be possible to add it to the whole app?
And I was thinking, how long can I record a pattern for?
Maybe sending in a fast clock could give me more resolution when recording faster patterns?
Amazing about more octaves! The variations is just brilliant when it’s running it for octaves.
Talking about probability I was thinking more along the lines of variations for gate and cv. But just gates would be great as you could get most cv variations with transpose and octaves.
Is that something that could be implemented?
And if possible with variations. It would be great to select certain octaves or volume to choose between instead of always just a range.
While playing patterns live is lots of fun, I imagined holding down say pattern 1 and hitting pattern 4 and them linking and cycling through.
Just an idea :smiley:

Great to hear a new beta is coming along too!!!

Oh and I also totally agree with JF control expanded too, everything you have suggested sounds great. Hopefully whimsical agrees with your ideas :smiley:

as this is something that can be easily done with an external module i’m going to say probably not.

there is no time limit, but there is a limit for the total number of events per pattern, which is 128 (an event is a note on or a note off).

could you explain this one a bit more? clock is not used when recording (it records timing).

also this one, can you explain what you had in mind?

this would be a nice feature (i too find sometimes i want it to choose between specific values rather than range) but need to think of how this would be entered. if i can think of an elegant way to do this i might add it.

you mean chaining patterns? that’s one of the features planned for archipelago :slight_smile:

Completely understand the clock div/mult not being needed. Realised after I posted it :slight_smile:

What I’m talking about regarding a faster clock, and forgive me here if I’m not making sense, but I was trying to see if by sending a fast clock that my recorded pattern would be closer to my original timing. From what I’ve experienced so far is when I send in a 1x clock from pams what I record comes out slower and requantized then I played it in. Basically Id like to sync up my patterns in time with my systems clocks.

My idea for gates was something similar to how variations work. Thought somehow gates for notes could be added to the variation. You could select a range and it would either play the note you recorded or not, like probability in kria?
Also gate length variation would be good.
But I’m thinking now that stuff might not be possible.

And yes, pattern chaining was what i was talking about. What’s this new app you speak of?

there is a bug right now where it’ll basically divide the external clock by 2 - will fix in the next beta!

you can assign a voice to any mod bus. now, whenever that voice is used it’ll select a new random value for that mod bus. you can’t use modulation for transposition right now but i’m considering adding it, which i think will achieve what you want.

using modulation for gate length would be cool - i’ll consider adding it!

the answer is in the OP :wink:

experimenting with using shnth as a controller. it’s quite temperamental (both due to the nature of piezo response and how shnth translates it into HID data) but i think some interesting results could be achieved.

here i simply map bar pressure to mod buses 1-4 and antennas to mod buses 5-6 and then use the mod buses to modulate various telex and just friends parameters: octave / volume / txo waveform / txo attack / txo decay. 4 voices on telexo and 6 voices on just friends are mixed together.

Any one know… would a Slashes board for linking to w/ together serve as an i2c to link my Just Friends and Ansible for to run this? Just got one along with a used w/.

not sure if slashes counts as a powered board or not. If it does, its a bonus as i just got one.