A shimmery reverb for norns
this script includes an engine, so make sure you restart after installing. lfo’s are in the parameter menu.
pools uses DFM1 as its input filter. JPverb is the reverb, in a feedback loop with PitchShift for shimmer.
there are three pages, filter, mix, and edit. navigate using key 2/3.
key 1 is alt.
this is the input filter.
- encoder 1: filter type. lowpass, or highpass.
- encoder 2: filter cutoff
- encoder 3: filter resonance
- encoder 1: dry level
- encoder 2: wet level
- encoder 3: shimmer amount/feedback
- encoder 1: reverb time
- encoder 2: reverb dampening
- encoder 3: early diffusion shape
holding alt shifts control to reverb eq/filtering.
- alt + encoder 1: low attenuator
- alt + encoder 2: mid attenuator
- alt + encoder 3: high attenuator
nb: you can adjust the low/mid/high crossover frequencies via the params menu
- dry - dry level
- wet - wet level
- shimmer - shimmer level/feedback
- freq - input filter cutoff
- res - input filter resonance
- gain - input filter gain
- type - input filter type (lowpass/highpass)
- time - reverb time/t60
- damp - reverb dampening
- size - reverb size
- diff - early diffusion shape
- mod depth - delay line modulation depth
- mod freq - delay line modulation rate
- low x - reverb eq/ low attenuator
- mid x - reverb eq/ mid attenuator
- high x - reverb eq/ high attenuator
- lowband - low/mid crossover freq
- highband - high/mid crossover freq
- pitchDisp - pitch shifting, random pitch variation
- timeDisp - pitch shifting, random grain delay
- pitchRatio - pitch shifting freq (1 is nominal rate, 2 is an octave, 4 is two octaves etc…)