Prosody

prosody

an evolving collection of modular laptop tools (mainly) based in max for live (presently).

Requirements

Ableton Live
Max for Live
some apps require either a 128 or 64 grid from monome

hopefully some non-ableton or grid requirin’ things coming in the future.

Contributers

@andrew
@dan_derks
(pls contribute your ideas)

Documentation

for info, convos, more recent versions, and issues pls reference individual device threads:

Dirge - broken downsampling / country roads
Ekphras - digital tape loop
Anachronism - asynchronous digital tape looping interface for grids
Anaphora - a variation on mlr for grids. rough around the edges.
Synecdoche - quantized grid keyboard
Hospital_food - m4l impression of nlc’s let’s splosh modulator
Assonance - wrapper for Surreal Machines’ sallen key filter
Enueg - nebulous buffer device
Alliterate - dual varispeed delay lines
Spondee - turns the mac trackpad into 4 simultaneous midi faders
Colloquial - hardware-modeled saturation in max for live pulled from @Rodrigo’s TPV

anyway: may the rest of this thread exist to share processes, sounds, and new ideas for the prosody suite ! wooo

Download

here or

56 Likes

@Andrew

Do I understand correctly that if I download Prosody, I do not need to download the individual M4L devices you have on your GitHub?

Wonderful stuff, by the way! Many thanks.

@eblomquist yup that was mostly how it worked for me!

prosody is so incredible for processing @andrew!
making subtle adjustments to aural perspective (w/ timbral + spatial tweaks) is a key part of my workflow

have to share what your apps are capable of…

dirge / assonance / ekphras (x2) really elevated this session

4 Likes

we need a glia show where the sound system is very large. like stadium-ish

7 Likes

@andrew you are a machine! thank you for all these m4l devices

1 Like

ha!

there was a time when my friend and i tried to convince the folks at dia:beacon to let us play an extended drone installation in the museum basement

i’d be happy playing anywhere there is natural reverb (or access to aaltoverb/moisturizer etc)

3 Likes

These are just great. Here’s some rings into clouds into colloquial / alliterate / assonance chain. Love these sounds, thanks @andrew!

3 Likes

Still enjoying these tools immensely here as well… thank you so much for your efforts on them @andrew

Here is some LABS soft piano, guitar loops and a field recording through a couple of prosody-based effects chains… https://clyp.it/gvd0nj3z
(doesn’t seem possible to embed clyp soundfiles…)

7 Likes

this is super nice :hugs:

3 Likes

I’ve been having a lot of fun with these devices. Thanks a lot for your work :blue_heart:

Here’s a little sketch I did on the op-1 that was later edited in ableton with various prosody devices (modulated by hospital food)

10 Likes

Yeah another prosody fan over here, used it on most of my last work. and this excerpt is incredible @DuellingAnts thanks for sharing. I feel you can really have an idea of how wonderful these M4L devices are from the music shared on this topic. Thank you so much @andrew I really mean that.

5 Likes

every
single
day

i find a new use for prosody

just discovering that alliterate was exactly what a project i’m working on needed and i’m in awe all over again

forever in your debt
these interfaces make me want to use them on everything…they are so simple, fun, and responsive

cannot recommend em enough

9 Likes

That reverb is astounding! I’m gonna try and sneak my way in there to record something since it’s not super far from me.

1 Like

Thank you so much @andrew for these tools! I’m managing to use dirge and alliterate as plug-ins in Max 8 (not having Ableton), and this is exactly the sound I’ve been looking for.

2 Likes

Live 11, newest model grid, was having some crashing w/ anaphora consistently

OS X intel max Catalina 10.15.7

Anachronism was lighting up the grid but then not recording to buffer. Going to try to get my hands on live 9 and see what happens

yea, seems like anaphora is crashing for most ppl on recent software (including me)

for anachronism you might be missing the external, check the anachronism thread for info on that. some ppl need to add it manually, some don’t

3 Likes

Word thanks for the help!

Noticed you mentioned you might be moving some of this to Norns, very exciting!

1 Like

i usually set lfos on the params or just use the trackpad to tweak

instead…today i went on a mapping excursion w/ 4 faders and 4 knobs controlling ekphras, alliterate & nizir

10 Likes

ooo what’s this controller?

1 Like