//// punctuated equilibrium : lcrp.2019.equinox.2 ////

I’m of two minds (again): Friday midnight (wherever you are, taking a page from @disquiet’s wise protocol) seems like a reasonable and organic deadline; on the other hand, it couldn’t hurt to give folks another weekend, so maybe Sunday midnight (same deal)?

In writing it out loud, I think I’m keen on Sunday night. What do others think?

2 Likes

I definitely recommend 11:59pm. When I first started the Disquiet Junto I would say “midnight Monday,” and people would get confused if I meant meant “Sunday/Monday midnight” or “Monday/Tuesday midnight.”

2 Likes

I’m in… uploaded :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sunday night might be best, assuming people have more free time over the weekend…
We could still then collectively aim for the original deadline for final submission(s) :slight_smile:
And @dnealelo - nice idea for a single collaborative track. If we went in that direction, how might it work?

Well, the thought I had was maybe a round-robin kind of affair. Say, someone started with a relatively simple idea, then passed it to the next person, who added to/modified it, then to the next, and so on, maybe for two rounds. I’m thinking we’d want to limit each turn in some way, like spend no more than two hours on your turn (less? more?). I think the feasibility of this is going to be affected by how many participants we have. Maybe it could be fun to save each iteration, too, so we can show its evolution (in keeping with the theme); maybe that could be the final album – each step in order.

2 Likes

That sounds really cool!! I’ve never worked like that before, and would be happy to try it if others would like to try it too…

(A timely aside: I visited Erasmus Darwin’s house today!!)

2 Likes

I’m in for this and have uploaded samples. Thanks for the extension. A bit concerned I’m not reliable enough for the collaborative approach, but will try if that’s the way we go.

3 Likes

happy to be a part of it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So, just to be clear, we’ve moved the deadline for sample submission to August 4 11:59pm (wherever you are); I’ve updated the original post to reflect this. So glad we’ve gotten some additional voices already. Happy sample-making, everyone!

4 Likes

Phew, made it in! …

2 Likes

So it looks like the last parts of the planet have passed 11:59pm Sunday (I’m looking at you, Baker Island) and we have seven contributors, with 15 samples of equlibria (thanks @jasonw22 for the hat trick) and 14 punctuations. Given that, it seems like it makes sense to proceed as planned with each contributor creating their own piece using the samples available. I’m very excited to hear what evolves from this!

6 Likes

I’ve begun the process of doing some sound design based on the samples, and I just have to say that this is incredibly rich palette to work from. Really excited!

Also want to mention that Plugin Boutique is giving Izotope Iris 2 away throughout the month of August with any other purchase. I picked up a $10 Kontakt thing (which is also fun) and have been really enjoying Iris since. It’s kind of a perfect tool for our type of sample mangling.

5 Likes

Did and did. It may seem quick, but I think I poured more effort into this relatively short track than possibly any other piece I’ve done with the lcrp. I’ll post notes after the release. Very excited to hear others’ works!

3 Likes

How is everyone doing with their tracks? Tomorrow is the scheduled deadline – do we need more time?

1 Like

Mine is done, just uploaded.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s work : )

2 Likes

If the deadline extended through the weekend, that should be enough for me.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Let’s do that! I’ll update the header.

D’oh! We already have the 23rd as the deadline. My bad.

1 Like

Oops! Heh. Good to bump this thread today though.

2 Likes

My track is in, too

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 Likes

I’m nearly (but not quite) finished with my track.

I’m not going to start mastering until Sunday 9/29, so if you need a little more time, you have a little more time.

1 Like