maybe bugs in a more strict sense isn’t the right word, mostly because I am not in the position to determine if something really is a bug, or something else.
My experience with it is really more or less what @barnaby described. Plus often I do something and Pd crashes, or locks up. I had most issues with working with tables and tabread(4)~. Pd is not very efficient in how it uses your computer’s resources, and only runs on a single core (except if you use pd~, but I haven’t been able to make that work for me yet), so I guess my issues could also be related to the fact that I’m pushing Pd a bit too much. There’s little things you figure out with time, like for eg. that you shouldn’t send float numbers to [bob~]'s cutoff inlet, or it will use much more CPU…
Also, I should add that most of my frustration comes from trying to use Pd on an Rpi / Pisound system. Most patches I’ve made on macOS work fine and did give me little issues.
But I’m not here to complain about Pd, in general I think it’s a great piece of software and I’m really glad it exists. I mostly am considering the possibility that I just need to change my attitude towards it.
I think that’s a good way to use it. I need to prevent myselt to get into obsession mode and just use it when I actually feel motivated to do so.
I’m trying to do that. I’ve started to convert some patches from the Organelle to Pisound, which is a great example to see how other people approach things but in a more goal-oriented way.
The issue is that I don’t always have enough Pd knowledge to understand if the patch is well made or not… and hence if I should learn from its success or failure