Quitting MW/Reddit/FB/Social Media

Are.na is a cool social media-ish site. No Algorithms, respects privacy. Takes a hang to get used to but I like it a lot

Another one bites the dust… now I’m really glad I never signed up… somehow I don’t think Tumblr will be the last company to do something like this.

Any more, and we’ll see all of social media become completely decentralized… and if it can no longer work with the App Store, all the better.

But the problem remains – how do groups who have no choice but to operate independently talk to one another? The new decentralized media may allow them to exist – we need that – but how do they reach out and become more widely understood? If everything becomes private language and secret handshakes, how in the long run are we any better off? Don’t we just make all of the divisions worse?

I was concerned when I clicked “pricing” but I don’t hate that pricing model at all

I’m on Are.na and love the platform, but still haven’t really figured out what I want to use it for or how to get the most out of it.

@julio any tips?

You can find me as emenel on there too.

it’s the virtual equivalent of inhaling a cloud of frankincense-infused water vapour

Im figuring it out myself but I would look at this Dev Channel for cool tips