raindrops is a generative lo-fi sequencer with performance controls that uses simple sounds based on PolyPerc.
Short video: Login • Instagram
Longer video: demo of raindrops ☔️ - YouTube
SoundCloud (no external effects): Stream lofi snowflakes by Ambalek | Listen online for free on SoundCloud
Two melodies are generated based on a random scale. Two buffers are applied, a short one for delay effects and a longer one for looping style behaviour. A lofi effect (the snowflake) is randomly applied based on your interactions. The lofi effect has some hiss and bitcrush.
I intended it to be a fun toy, a way to pass the time and drift off at night. Like staring into heavy rain. If you like making music and daydreaming you might enjoy it.
- Key 2: Randomize current scale
- Key 3: Stop and generate a new scale/melody
- Enc 1: Increase long buffer time, random chance of changing buffer speed
- Enc 2: Random pulse width value for melody, random 𝖑𝖔𝖋𝖎 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 mode
- Enc 3: Change one of the notes randomly
From maiden, type: