A companion receiver mod for Norns broadcasts on https://broadcast.norns.online/
See thread on @infinitedigits broadcast here.
It receives streams (live or archived) from Norns users and plays them back through the Norns input.
Stems from the idea of playing web radio through the Norns input. See the (still WIP) Tending the Waves script here (note: this script and Tending the Waves can not run simultaneously!)
It’s lots of fun to play over/sample other people who are or have been recording!
norns, internet connection, MPV installed, a running script (it will update what’s available on the broadcast website upon loading a new script)
When this mod is installed, plus MPV player (instructions), it will look for MP3s up on broadcast.norns.online and will list them in the PARAMS menu when a script is loaded (not under the mod, but in the PARAMS menu!)
There you can select a stream, either live or archived.
WARNING! You CAN run the broadcast mod and the receiver mod at the same time, and even listen to your own stream, you will however get feedback
Lots of room for improvement, such as:
- A menu item to quickly reload what’s online instead of running a new script
- Actually testing live streams (only tested with archived recordings)
- Including installation of MPV on install (help!)
- Moving the channel selection to the mod menu… yes/no?
- A better way of parsing- I mean, any change to the site and my script will stop working
220122 - Fixed live streams not properly playing, would only take archived streams
100422 - Updated to be compliant with new website (still scraping… this should change some time)