access & interact norns’ REPLs (both maiden/matron & supercolider) from norns itself.
this lil util can work both as a script or as a mod.
it’s kinda experimental, but right now i could see 2 use-cases:
- debugging a launched script (when runing as a mod)
- live coding music on the go w/ just a keyboard (flash crash has several examples of using norns’ lua as the entrypoint)
ideally it could be nice to add the possibility to edit files:
- as a scratch buffer for trying out things (and live coding!)
- to code & debug any script on-the-go (à la PICO-8)
norns is enough to consult the REPL outputs but a keyboard is necessary to send commands.
the mod requires 221214.
E3: switch between the 2 REPLs
E2: scroll UP/DOWN
E2: scroll LEFT/RIGHT
using a keyboard, one can type / edit at the prompt.
Enter: submit prompt to current REPL
Alt+ directional arrows: scroll UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT
- standard Unix/Emacs bindings (