norns as sampler buddy
This script is a little util that allows to record a sound an play it back at various RPM ratios.
The main use is to replay the sample sped up into a hardware sampler to save memory and add some punch to samples (demonstration of the effect).
It comes with its own fork of the timber engine with some tweaks, so a sleep is necessary.
-- K1 held is SHIFT -- -- Anywhere: -- E1: switch page -- -- Main screen: -- E2: record speed -- E3: playback speed -- SHIFT + E1: sampler model -- K2: record start/stop -- K3: playback start/stop -- -- HW Sampler Instructions: -- E2: record speed -- E3: playback speed -- -- Dirtying: -- SHIFT + E1: preset -- E2: sample rate -- SHIFT + E2: sample rate (x 1k) -- E3: bit depth
3 band EQ( only via params menu, still need a UI page)
- tuning / timestretching compensation
- load a sample from disk
- stereo to mono summing, phase invert toggle
- instructions for other hardware samplers (SP1200, SP-202…)
- support for intermediate RPM values
- IPS units (for tape input source)
No release for now, not yet on maiden.