sampswap

Oh yeah that did the trick! Many thanks. While you’re here, what’s the best way to rename my samples so that they load in sampswap?

1 Like

I think most naming errors are not errors anymore. but just to be safe - you won’t have problems if your file doesn’t have any spaces (i.e. using _ instead of space) and if it ends in .wav.

1 Like

Mmmm, that does not seem to work for me. I can’t seem to find any loop in any library, with a dash or not, that actually loads. I assume it’s done in the edit/parameters/load file… I shows the file as loaded but when I hit play, it’s the same amen_resampled that’s on every track.
Also what is the “make beat” parameter for? It seems to have no function at all.

sample 1: resetting

sample 2: resetting

sample 3: resetting

sample 4: resetting

2 toggle_playing

pset >> write: /home/we/dust/data/sampswap/sampswap-01.pset

2 toggle_playing

load_file /home/we/dust/audio/Deadbeat Offerings Vol 1/Intercom/ intercom 24.wav wav

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘24/’

: Permission denied

audio.determine_tempo /home/we/dust/audio/Deadbeat Offerings Vol 1/Intercom/intercom 24.wav

sox FAIL formats: can’t open input file `/home/we/dust/audio/Deadbeat’: No such file or directory

lua:

/home/we/dust/code/sampswap/lib/utils.lua:45: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local ‘file_seconds’)

stack traceback:

/home/we/dust/code/sampswap/lib/utils.lua:45: in function ‘core/audio.determine_tempo’

/home/we/dust/code/sampswap/lib/sample.lua:152: in method ‘load_file_original’

/home/we/dust/code/sampswap/lib/sample.lua:32: in field ‘action’

/home/we/norns/lua/core/params/file.lua:60: in function ‘core/params/file.bang’

/home/we/norns/lua/core/params/file.lua:35: in function ‘core/params/file.set’

(…tail calls…)

/home/we/norns/lua/core/menu/params.lua:293: in function ‘fileselect.callback’

/home/we/norns/lua/lib/fileselect.lua:51: in function ‘fileselect.exit’

/home/we/norns/lua/lib/fileselect.lua:134: in function ‘fileselect.key’

/home/we/norns/lua/core/menu.lua:143: in function </home/we/norns/lua/core/menu.lua:120>

looks like your filenames have spaces and thats screwing up sampswap up. its not supposed to - I checked the source and its supposed to grab the whole filename. anyways its a bug so I will attempt to make a similarly named file and see if I can reproduce the bug and fix it. until there is a fix, you’ll have to remove all the spaces from folder names and file names.

I write a lot of Bash scripts at work. I’ve spend waaaay too long over the years jumping through hoops to get my scripts to work with filenames containing spaces and other non-alpha-numeric characters, so I feel your pain!

3 Likes