SARAH TERRAL Le ménisque original LP

Le ménisque original is my first solo album under the Sarah Terral moniker.
The album was composed and played with a very small modular synthesizer (see photo below).
I wanted to make a very intuitive and minimal record with the idea of doing as little editing and retouching as possible. Synthetic, minimal, restricted, contrasted and intuitive music.

Terral is my mother’s last name and Sarah is the name I would have had if I had been a girl. It is in a way my feminine alter-ego. I wanted it to be almost me, but that this entity could also remain a fiction. On stage I dress up and put on make-up, the name was for me a source of inspiration to build this more theatrical character.

Sarah Terral: Modular synthesizer
Composed, recorded and played by Clément Vercelletto between
August 2019 and January 2020 in Paris.

Artwork: Johann Nöhles
Graphic design and typography: Valentin Bigel
Mastering: Julien Grandjean

1. Dinosaure
  2. L’eau fraiche
  3. La guimauve
  4. Le menisque origilnal
  5. Les bidibulles
  6. La visitation
  7. Devenir imperceptible
  8. La volonté
  9. Un pique nique de fou

35 Likes

featured on bandcamp today!!

congrats!

7 Likes

I haven’t seen this when it was first posted, but I’m glad it got a bump thanks to @glia because I really enjoyed listening to it!

2 Likes

Yes I was surprised myself to discover the record in the Bandcamp selection !
I hope that it will allow some ears to discover the record :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome. Congratulations !
Would you mind sharing your TT scripts philosophy ?
Also I don’t see any distortion/saturation unit on your rack. At what stage is produced this saturation ? I like it very much.

2 Likes

@chapelierfou thanks :pray:
All distorted content is done by re-injecting the filter on itself AKA FEEDBACK :slight_smile:
The ALL output of SISTERS is sent to an attenuverter (MUTABLE Shades) and then back to the v/8Freq AND Quality inputs of the Sister … and then you have to look for sweet spots …

6 Likes

Cool trick. Love the sound !

1 Like

@chapelierfou
Concerning Teletype I based myself on the principle of reservoir of notes
JF voice 1 = teletype script 1 = P0
JF voice 2 = teletype script 2 = P1
JF voice 3 = teletype script 3 = P2
JF voice 4 = teletype script 4 = P3

Each time I trigger script 1 for example, the pattern 0 moves forward one step and selects the next note …

2 Likes

Thanks.
And once again, congratulations. It’s the most inspiring music I’ve been listening to for a while !

1 Like

Just discovered this scrolling through the releases section on here, unbelievably inspiring and beautiful thank you!!

1 Like

:pray:
Thanks a lot @Auguste I’m glad you find it in the ocean of release post !!
(And if you feel like it don’t hesitate to support the label by buying the record)
Cheers

1 Like

Glad this got bumped the other day - fantastic record! Been listening all day :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

It means a lot thanks @DuellingAnts :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

1 Like

Finally got this album, really inspiring sounds.

1 Like

@doomglue thanks a lot !
Did the package take long to arrive ?
Did you order it directly on the label’s bandcamp?
Cheers

1 Like

I ordered it at hhv, a German based mailorder. I only found out about this album two weeks ago while researching Teletype stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my favourite albums from recent times, I love the organic sounds, unusual harmonies, freeform structures and swarms of noise/distortion. I’m curious @emsahp how are you using W/ on this album?

3 Likes

@otaro thanks a lot ! Please share !
Very little bit of W/ here and there yes and a little bit of Morphagene as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha, thanks for clarifying. Your approach has certainly inspired me to try out similar ideas with TT + W/ Synth and Tape (as I don’t have a JF or Morphagene). And I’ve shared the album with numerous friends already!

2 Likes

@otaro I’ve never tried W/SYNTH with TT yet but it’s seems a very good combo !

2 Likes