Scott Campbell - Quiet Rituals (Seil Records)

It’s been a minute, but I have some new music to share. "Quiet Rituals’ is out today on Seil Records, available on cassette and as name-your-price digital (for first 2 weeks).

Quiet Rituals draws inspiration from the seemingly mundane tasks and habits in our daily lives which serve to keep us grounded in uncertain times.

19 Likes

I was listening to this today and I can say I enjoyed it a lot. Congratulations. Very good.

2 Likes

I was listening to it yesterday and it’s an amazing album! I’d love to hear of the process making this album.

1 Like

I also listened to this today and I really really liked it! Thank you for the sounds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Each track is comprised of 6-8 asynchronous tape loops created with a frippertronics style setup, so they degrade over time. Loops were recorded one at a time for 5-10 minutes into a DAW. From there I would do live mixes of the loops combined with field recordings to create the final track/mix.

I’m planning to record a couple performance vids using a small eurorack palette centered around an ER-301 loaded with stems from the record. I’ll post them in this thread when they’re done.

9 Likes

Thanks! Very inspiring. I haven’t tried setting up a frippertronics looper yet. I have the tapemachines for it so i’m going to give it a go.

1 Like

Very nice that you will make those vídeo. Waiting for them patienly :heart:

1 Like

So honored to have this beautiful album on the label. You’ve outdone yourself, Scott.

1 Like

Beautiful work, thanks for putting this out into the world. Excited for the performance videos!

1 Like

This is lovely! A couple of tracks in and I am hooked. Great job!

1 Like

I love this album and recommend buying the cassette tape if you can👀

1 Like

Today is the last day for free downloads, go grab it!