September 11, Deventer (NL) | Square Wave - modular synth improv performances

SQUARE WAVE edition #12 - At the most beautiful square in the Netherlands, with a great view over the city, man and machine will go head to head with each other.

The room will be filled with modular synthesizers, pedals, button boxes, noise boxes and especially cables… a lot of cables. The lottery draws pairs the 8 participants together and assigns them a tempo. And then…they take turns improvising together for 10 minutes. In ever-changing compositions.

So in a wonderful environment, with the bar within reach, you can enjoy special improvisations. With a different atmosphere and sound every time. You come face to face with the wonderful instruments and the musicians who play them live. Top ingredients for a great Sunday afternoon! Oh yes, and entrance is free by the way.

To give you an idea, here’s a 10-track compilation we made of the first 9 editions:

Images of recent editions can be found at our Insta page:

https://www.instagram.com/voltmeistermodular/

7 Likes

NOooooo i really want to join one of these but i always have something in between :frowning:
Can’t make it to this one either just planned a friend-weekend-vacation …

1 Like

See you next time. We’re aiming for November to do another one. Will post here when that date is set. Enjoy your friend-weekend-vacation!

1 Like

leuk! i’ll zeker weten try to come hang.

1 Like

Jeuj! That’ll be lovely. You’re most welcome.

1 Like