Sharing a prototype for user evaluation: is it OK?

Hi all,

I’m new to the site. I am in the process of finishing a master thesis and I am running some online user evaluation on a sound search prototype. I’ve had very few users try it, and I have just realised that maybe it’s the sort of thing that would interest some people around here.

However, I’m not sure if it is okay, or would be considered spam.

I would essentially be sharing a link to the prototype and some guidelines for what to do. But since the user feedback is done on the site of the prototype itself, it may not encourage a lot of discussion around here, which I guess is a big part of the forums…

So, please let me know what you think (also which category it would belong to if it IS okay, I suppose Reviews, or Studies?)

Jorge

2 Likes

My gut feeling tells me sharing it is ok as long as it is in line with the general vibe of lines. A sound search prototype may stretch that a bit but feels ok as the outer limit of the fuzzy boundary. I am interested what others think.

2 Likes

Okay, I see what you mean. I’ll wait and see what others think, and if it’s generally in your line (no pun intended) of thinking I’ll post it and see what happens after moderation.

Thanks!