SM-LL. Andrea Taeggi - Batch 0011. tendencyitis - Batch 0013

Hey everyone

We have some exciting releases coming up from us, two of which are out today, and two more very soon, probably next Sunday if all goes to plan.

Andrea Taeggi
Batch 0011

tendencyitis
Batch 0013

The hand-cut clear vinyl will be ordered January time, so there is a good amount of time to ensure you can get a copy/copies, as we appreciate the cost of making these are quite high. We literally order to demand and basically lose money, but it’s a great physical item and we are happy to do it.

Happy to talk about anything and feel to ask any questions or share any thoughts.

The moderator’s contacted me to ask there to be more information provided about this release otherwise it gets merged into Latest tracks. I think this is a super interesting discovery as the 4 artists who make up these two releases have worked together on our Slack group and a shared Google drive, talking about how promotion can sometimes explain in detail about a release, promoting the artist, referencing equipment and leaving little on the table. We talked also about how some reviewers and artists use very descriptive subjective terminology to frame a release. Also, we talked about the artist ego and how music is often secondary to the music, this particular has been of interest to us as a label as of next year we won’t be crediting anyone or listing the artist name.

So obviously needing to add more details about this release on this forum was quite amusing and exciting considering the nature of our discussions with the 4 artists and the label.

The promotional document extract below, will be the bulk of the details for the release, with exception to track titles. Also, each promo doc will be the same apart from release tracks and links and one hashtag moved to the top picked by each artist.

It seems given that the ways we find information in recent times using such methods as the hashtag and what this does for our understanding of value, is an interesting one that is worth poking and playing with.

Also, the minute things are defined, the room to experience is shifted. Of course, everything is and should be on the table, there is no right or wrong way of doing anything, but systems and platforms are constantly shaping us and informing the creative decisions we make.

I guess as well, there is a part of adding enough information in this post to justify the rules of this system, which is very much how we make most of our decisions at the label, ie, navigating systems and criteria and trying to strike a balance that warrants recording. This is where we come up with our “Unrequested genre specification” t-shirt design. A field that was compulsory on a promotion tool.

As I mentioned above, I am happy to chat more about this, and also thank you Lines for getting in touch with me, you have literally made my day :slight_smile:

M

(Below is part of our promotional document I thought people might be interested to see :slight_smile: )

#72-hour #abstract #accentuating #antidote #appropriating #Arp2500 #beyond #board #ceremonial #circuitry #clicks #composer #cryptic #danceable #designed #DFAM #Digitakt #droning #dub #echo #Elektron #feedback #fetish #ghost #harmonic #heavy #hypnotic #ideas #improviser #Intellijel #introspective #kicks #knits #less #literature #live #loopback #loops #low-tech #lurch #machine #manipulating #mediator #minimalism #Moog #more #no-input #noise #oscillator #paranoia #percussion #performed #precarious #produced #pseudo-ethnic #Radigue #rare #reluctant #remnants #repetition #research #Retroverb #reverb #rhythm #satellites #sci-fi #seeds #sharp #sonic #Springray #spy #squeaks #squirmy #stereo #sub-bass #synthesizer #techno #triggers #unassuming #uncanny #Verbos #Vermona #vocals #vintage #Willem-twee #written

9 Likes