So Bad It's Good: a Movie Thread

i was reading about the newest Netflix monstrosity Bright and its awful soundtrack this morning and one critic said it wasn’t even worth a hate-watch, which got me wanting to watch a so-bad-it’s-good movie tonight. what are your favorite so-bad-it’s good movies? what’s the difference between good-bad and just bad?

i’ll start: i <3 the room, but i think my favorite good-bad is Batman & Robin.

We happened upon Catwoman with Halle Berry the other day, and man, it was awful! and awfully funny. Everything about it was wrong wrong wrong.

I quite liked Bright.

But I’ll see your Batman and Robin and raise you a Demolition Man.

As a connoisseur of good bad action movies of the late 70s to early 90s, I wouldn’t know where to start :slight_smile:

Plan 9 from outer space

I love Demolition Man. But in a so good it’s good way :slight_smile: They even predicted the iPad in it.

Me too. I’ve seen em all and I dig so many of them. Commando is kind of an obvious one. But in general I don’t think most of these movies are that bad, just very simple.

There is a very bad movie from 1990 starring David Hasselhoff called “The Final Alliance”. Here in Germany it is called “Tiger Man” which makes it even better because there is no tiger in it. Just watch it, you will (not) be disappointed.

Movies like Super Mario Bros. and Surf Ninjas are two childhood favorites that are dumb and fun to watch as an adult.

Beat Picard to it by 3 years!

My favorite source for great bad movies

Don’t forget Battlefield Earth !!
This is definitely one of the worst movies ever made, and not on purpose.
An Instant classic!!

Just listen to the rotten tomatoes reviews!

Battlefield Earth is like taking a bus trip with someone who has needed a bath for a long time. It’s not merely bad; it’s unpleasant in a hostile way.

A folly so supreme that it occasionally inspires awe, in the sense that so many people spent so much time and money on it without ever realizing how awful it is.

It’s also the Scientology movie:

As one studio executive put it, “On any film there are ten variables that can kill you. On this film there was an eleventh: Scientology. It just wasn’t something anyone really wanted to get involved with.”

Yes! I watched Mario Bros a few times (don’t ask). And I came to the conclusion that it is not bad but insanely genius and so far ahead of its time that it is impossible for us humans to get it.

Ah, this is a subject close to my heart.

Greatest line, delivered during a hostage situation in a supermarket.

Bad guy: "watch it man, I’ll blow this place up"
Stallone: “I don’t care, I don’t shop here”

Most action movies are shamelessly reactionary, but I love them anyway.

Almost everything made by Cannon Films falls in this category, particularly the Golan-Globus Productions.

Maybe favorite by them is Lifeforce followed by Delta Force.

E: Cobra is a Golan-Globus production as well!

Delta Force is pretty decent. And totally non pc.

Since we’re talking Stallone, how about “Stop! Or my mom will shoot”? That one is quite bad.

Oh, Van Damme’s Street Fighter is also a contender I guess :slight_smile:

All Troma films comes to mind but the first thing I thought of was this:

Extra points for being super weird too!

Also Road House!

I contend this is one of the greatest comedies ever made, I laughed through the whole thing.

I’ll take Street Fighter and raise you a Time Cop!