So Bad It's Good: a Movie Thread

Just remembered another great one: Enter the Ninja with Franco Nero. Mild spoiler: He winks at the camera.

I love this thread.

how have i never made the connection between bad action and Cannon/Golan-Globus?? so many hits on their filmography, can’t wait to check more of them out.

Thanks for reminding me of that classic moment!

He doesn’t even take his gloves off haha

U-Turn, with Sean Penn and Jennifer Lopez. Desert thriller trash. Gratuitous zoom shot of a cobra on a rock. Love it.

Troll 2

I would maybe even go so far as to add Kung Fury. Purely for all the “they didn’t just do THAT?! Did they?” Moments. I shouldn’t work… But it does.

since kung-fu comes on topic, one must mention Crippled Masters. I spent the whole movie wondering if it did actually exist or if i was hallucinating. Probably not really a bad movie, but a weird one at least.

“It looked like a flying cigar!”

The greatest so bad it’s good movies are, IMHO, the ones where the creator is trying to make a great movie and fails miserably. One of the best and most obvious examples, The Room. I really think Tommy Wisseau was trying to make something serious.

crazily enough: one movie i think falls perfectly into this category is the very first Star Wars movie that was ever released, “StarWars: Episode IV - A New Hope(1977)” (because of Mark Hamill’s shitty, whiny-brat, acting: “but i was going to the Tashi station to pick up some power converters!” :baby_bottle: …funny thing is, he got really good at acting later in life, just listen to his awesome role as the Joker in some of the Batman animated series and video game… i just happen to have a hard time watching Star Wars, though most of it is awesome for its time, all because of his whiny-ass voice in that movie).

Spinal Tap is not a so-bad-it’s-good. It’s one of the smartest comedies ever made.

The room is my favorite bad movie! If you haven’t seen the disaster artist yet, you definitely should! It’s a comedy directed by the Franco brothers about the making of the room. They did an amazing job recreating the scenes from the movie and it was extremely hilarious.

I’m hesitant to add this to the list, because I love it so much I’m not even sure that it qualifies as “bad” in my books… but Hackers is a gem.

The Visitor (1979)

John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they’ve experienced… somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space.

34 PM

Definitely top 5 comedy for me…

I’ve wanted to watch this movie for so long, but I haven’t been able to find a copy of it.

Also, I’m pretty sure this movie wasn’t made in earnest, but Chopping Mall is pretty amazing.

Raiders of Atlantis (1983) is another weird classic!