Solstice - A Lines Community Project: available now!

Sounds good! Should we start a new official thread with rules, deadlines etc? After all the discussion here it’s hard to tell where we netted out.

so two samples as per the usual
and our focus is melodic content

this sounds good

I want in!

1 Like

I’d like to give this another shot too…

1 Like

I suspect I won’t have the time to participate this time around, but I’m looking forward to the results.

1 Like

no samples. no need to submit samples for this project–previous mcxa efforts were unique in that regard. i’d like to see entirely original holiday/winter pieces, not made up of often difficult-to-use interpretations of “melodic” samples. no need for a shared pool; everyone just submits a finished melodic song by the deadline, whenever that will be. i’d like to participate, but without the limitations of samples.

3 Likes

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Sounds good. Will update the other thread.

Sorry I’m botching this a bit. But from @ioflow’s description this is now an LCP, not an LCRP.!

No samples needed.

Probably means I should push the deadline out. Let’s say Monday December 4, 2017, for final tracks to be sent for mastering.

3 Likes

super into this proposition! will try to get something together for this.

3 Likes

So, it will be like Steveoath suggested in the OP, a kinda x-mas feeling release? And everybody can do whatever she/he wants as long as it got a winter-holiday feeling?

As long as it’s got a solstice feeling (if you’re in the southern hemisphere, that’d be the summer solstice!)

3 Likes

My concept for the album cover at the moment is a study in seasonal contrasts ( a summer/winter yin/yang idea)

3 Likes

How about graphic scores, midi files, osc generators, etc for the next one? :smiley:

4 Likes

i’m also going to try getting something done this time!

1 Like

Love this idea!
Will try to get something up this time.

4 Likes

Hehe. Just music this time. :clown_face:

1 Like

Should we save the tracks for remixing next solstice!?!?!? :zipper_mouth_face::dizzy_face::innocent:

1 Like

I dunno. I’m kinda fond of original tunes, myself. :wink:

But yeah, save stuff. You never know what’s going to come in handy.

I’m in… I have to read 3 days of posts to get “into what”, but I’m in :grinning:

1 Like

If you’d rather not read the thread, the title says it all, with the addition that it’d be great if you attempted a melodic emphasis in your track.

1 Like

Does one need to state an intention now? Or can we just cough up the goods by the deadline. I’m in the no- idea-if i-will-get-it -done camp.
love the idea that no two LCRP/LCP projects need to have the same rules or structure.
Cudos to Jason for keeping it moving round here…I havent finished listening to the last one yet.

1 Like