[SOLVED] Does crow speak to TXo?

I have been digging in to Max a little and wanted to try using the TXo as a 4 voice synth alongside my JF. I have realized when looking at the ii.help() in druid that TXo isn’t listed as one of the potential i2c modules for crow communication!

Now, am I missing something here? It seems that TXo communication could be useful both with a norns and with Max or Ableton. Just having that many more trigs, CV’s and even oscillators could be of great value. Especially with the ASL structure of druid.

Any thoughts on:
a) if the support is there and I’m missing it?
b) if it will be added as part of a future update to crow?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, it is supported in the current development builds. Note when using ii.txo.help() that there is a bug which causes large buffers like this not to get sent back to druid or get truncated, you can run print() after ii.txo.help() to flush the USB buffer manually. For a command reference you can also look at the Lua file defining the commands.

This is not currently possible though, ASLs are associated to specific crow outputs.

Awesome. Guess I’ll install that today and try it out!

Hi All,

I recently added Crow to my Eurorack set-up and have been playing with Druid a bit and considering adding the Telex TXo expander to add the 4 voice wavetable synth to my Eurorack, as well as the added benefit of additional envelopes etc.

I’ve read the starter guide to i2c here and understand that Crow is both a leader/follower and like Teletype provides power on the i2c bus, so should be able to power the TXo directly without the need of a stand-alone powered bus.

Doesn’t seem to be a lot of info out there with this pairing Of Crow and TXo and would love to know if others are doing this and how they are making it part of their workflow.

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 Like

So, the pull-ups you’re talking about are the i2c cables in back to allow a normaled connection behind the module. With a TXo, it’ll still need power from your power supply/power board in your case. Crow also has i2c pull-ups engaged. You don’t need to do much with that to be honest.

If you search the i2c starters guide here on lines, you’ll learn about those connections. With the TXo attached to crow that way, you can basically send direct commands to TXo such as to oscillate to audio rates and LFO and more! The best place to look is in the Teletype command list and then in the crow GitHub, in the i2c connection. The syntax used in Druid should be similar to what’s used in crow.

Sadly, I have since sold all of my i2c modules, so I can’t be of TOO much help