[SOLVED] Scripts won't start, stuck on "loading..."

Hi everyone,

Like the title says, I can’t seem to start any scripts all of a sudden for whatever reason. I start a script and the intro screen with instructions shows, but when I press the button2 to go into the script, it just says “loading…” and doesn’t load further. I already updated norns to the latest version and also reset it (in the system menu). Help?

please share any error trace shown in maiden, without that we’ve not much to go on.

shield or factory?

How do I do that (see error trace in maiden)?

if you connect to maiden and load any script which puts your norns into this state, you’ll the matron REPL section fill up with errors:

those errors will contain hints as to what’s gone wrong. if you can copy + paste the text which displays there into a post, we can help you trace what’s going wrong :slight_smile:

EDIT: ah! for completeness, we would also want the printout from the supercollider tab! (ty @Justmat)

1 Like
# script clear
# script load: /home/we/dust/code/boingg/boingg.lua
# script run
loading engine: PolySub
>> reading PMAP /home/we/dust/data/boingg/boingg.pmap
m.read: /home/we/dust/data/boingg/boingg.pmap not read.

huh! that’s it? there’s definitely no error there.

has anything changed in terms of your power supply or connected devices?

Yep, that’s it. Even if I let it be for a few minutes, that’s all that it shows and on the norns screen it’s stuck on “loading…” and doesn’t progress. I can go back and to other menus, but’s that it. This is with all scripts, btw, none of them load. For example, Awake:

# script clear
# script load: /home/we/dust/code/awake/awake.lua
pset last used: 1
including /home/we/dust/code/awake/lib/halfsecond.lua
# script run
loading engine: PolyPerc
>> reading PMAP /home/we/dust/data/awake/awake.pmap

Nothing changed in the connections apart that I connected a KORG nanoKONTROL 2 to it and mapped some parameters for the Otis script.

are you using any mods?

if not (and you really did a RESET) it is quite baffling. i guess i would just flash the disk at that point. (or if you are comfortable with the command line, start by doing a hard reset of ~/norns to the last release tag.)

1 Like

No mods.

How do I flash the disk, are there instructions anywhere?

you have duplicate engines installed. that is what the error is saying on your norns screen. if you check out the supercollider tab in the maiden REPL, you’ll see some relevant output.

check here for some more info:

3 Likes

That’s what it was, in the script Massif. Thanks, all good now!

2 Likes