SOMA Labs: ENNER

Is anyone else on the waiting list for this? Any of us got on the list very early and think they’ll be getting one soon?

Looks/sounds AWESOME to me :smiley:

EDIT: It is out, but the first batch got sent out already to the waiting list, hence there still being a waiting list. Its pretty long apparently, but I got on it a few years ago I think, so hopefully my number will come up soon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks and sounds like something from Arius Blaze, but probably better built and not astronomically priced.

I don’t know, does it cover territory I could do with other touch-oriented devices on market?

2 Likes

And don’t forget that, unlike something from Arius Blaze, it’s not built by an antivax nutjob.

11 Likes

If it doesnt come with a small vial of ants, I shall be disappointed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure looks like a great instrument. and SiSTOR is great. It makes sense.

Oh, no, I’d missed this aspect of his personality. That’s depressing to hear.

Yup. There was a time when I wanted some of his gear, and it’s unfortunate that that time has passed.

ARRGHGHG!

My number just came up! I got on the waiting list about TWO YEARS AGO when the prototype first went up on YouTube. I just got an email saying its my turn!

Purchasing in two weeks from today when I get paid next.

Wow. This is great news! Very exciting!

EDIT: Found some money, buying ENNER this week. Hopefully tomorrow.

EDIT2: ENNER bought, just need to wait on shipping now.

EDIT3: Shipped! :smiley:

8 Likes

Mine just got to the local post office :slight_smile:

I figure using it with these could be good for patching the rest of my kit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Enner in the house. Kinda started wishing I’d got a red one but now its here, none of that seems to matter any more. Its much lighter than I expected when I first picked it up, which makes sense considering the electro acoustic aspect. It feels lovely to ‘play’. All the knobs being capacitive (if thats the right word, all the pots are patch points too), I’m wondering if I can use wire and clips to sync it to something else.

About to put a sample from the film Twlights Last Gleaming thru it, with drums and noise :slight_smile:

EDIT: Seems like Enner can be clocked.

2 Likes

Curious about the delay - product description is only described as ‘analog’ fully. Is the delay also analog, or is it a PT-2399 type, like in the Lyra-8?

Without opening it up, I’m not sure how I could answer your question tbh. Any ideas how I can tell?

Soma have been very good with answering my emails, maybe asking them might be the best option?

OK, as I had thought, per Thomas @ SOMA:

“The Enner delay is a PT-2399 based delay with SOMA mods. Very close to Lyra delay but stereo. Though it’s not 100% digital as all processing besides sound memory is analog”.

That is all.

3 Likes

Good info, nice one! :slight_smile:

Enner is my favourite instrument of all time now, btw :slight_smile: I love it. Its so easy to play and get something I like out of it.

I made a patching plate thing for stylophone-esque playing too :slight_smile: Video on my channel soon…

1 Like

If you’re on the fence about this wonderful new synth, I highly recommend checking out the lil mini demos EthanJamesMusic https://youtube.com/c/EthanJamesMusic1 been putting of his Enner. I’m not associated with the channel, just wanted to pass on some good ass demos.

3 Likes