Song Idea Generator

Song Idea Generator

sig is a library, command line tool, and web service which generates concepts to kick-start creativity.

sigweb

sig is a little Rust project I threw together with a lot of help from @zbs and others from our discord community in coming up with adjectives. it’s designed to give you some direction when you’re feeling directionless and to put some constraints on an unconstrained DAW or Digitwin workflow.

Requirements

libsig: some recent Rust compiler
sigcli: currently there are binaries for Linux and Mac OS on Intel x64
sigweb: any web browser, no javascript required

Documentation

You can access sigweb here: Song Idea Generator. Ambient mode means don’t suggest percussion. There is a JSON API which you can access at /api/v1/{generate, generate_ambient} if you’d like to incorporate some of the more granular data that’s returned there into something.

libsig will eventually have Rustdoc which I’ll link here; as of now it is undocumented.

sigcli 0.1.0
generate ideas for songs, tracks, and sounds

USAGE:
    sigcli [FLAGS] [suggestions]

FLAGS:
    -a, --ambient    Don't suggest percussion elements
    -h, --help       Prints help information
    -V, --version    Prints version information

ARGS:
    <suggestions>    The number of suggestions to generate [default: 1]

Download

sigcli v0.1.0: Releases - song-idea-generator - Nora's Git

n.b. there are no appropriate tags; I’d tag this “rust”, “cli”, “computer”, “inspiration”

52 Likes

No idea what “ancient vocals are 33bpm sound like”, but love the inspiration. Thanks for sharing @NoraCodes

4 Likes

Haha great!

I have @Nullsleep’s Rave Strategies when i login to norns.

5 Likes

So cool! Generated a few ideas and I really like how evocative the chosen vocabulary is, had sounds pop in mind for each suggested element, can’t wait to try it in my studio!

3 Likes

I’m so glad! Have fun :3

2 Likes