algorithmic drum machine for VCV based around Mutable Grids & euclidean rhythms.
A drum machine inspired by my use of Cyrene on Norns, which was heavily inspired by Mylar Melodies. Weirdly, VCV is the only software implementation of Grids I’ve found that has swing, so I decided to make this in VCV. I think it turned out really playable and fun.
Everything except the HOST-FX module is free - you can substitute that for any effect you like, or simply remove it.
- 32 midi knobs / faders (designed for launch control xl, midimix, etc.)
- VCVRack v1.1.6+
- Audible Instruments library
- Bogaudio library
- Vult free library
- Valley library
- Lomas library
- OPTIONAL: VCV Host
Use: 6 drum channels, with 4 parameters each, plus a master channel, also with 4 parameters.
- CHANNEL 1: Plaits’ analog kick model. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Grids channel 1 density.
- CHANNEL 2: Plaits’ analog snare model, processed by Vult Wolv. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Grids channel 2 density.
- CHANNEL 3: Plaits’ analog hi-hat model. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Grids channel 3 density.
- Channel 4: 909 open hat sample. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Euclidean density (length 8)
- CHANNEL 5: 909 crash sample. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Euclidean density (length 32)
- CHANNEL 6: Vult Trummor 2 tom. Parameters: level, decay, pitch, Euclidean density (length 32)
- a better name lol
- clearer documentation
v1.1.0 GitHub - zbsfm/Spaceblankets