Spirals

Finally got around to adding some grid support to let you lock sequences to a group of notes. Full details in the top post.

I’ve been testing on a 8x8 launchpad with midigrid but it should work with the proper grid. If you try it out let me know how you get on.

4 Likes

Been in love with this script since it’s been out really really musical stuff!
I’ve recently acquired a launchpad and loaded this script up with midigrid. The grid visually responds to the script however whenever I press any buttons on the grid the script stops sequencing, any ideas why this might be? I’ve used this launchpad with other scripts and it seems fine. Thanks!

Just gave it a try and its still working here. It sounds like its throwing an error if the sequence is stopping. Can you open up maiden in a web browser and see if there are any errors output there?

Yes certainly this is the maiden output:

script init

including /home/we/dust/code/mx.samples/lib/mx.samples.lua

pset >> read: /home/we/dust/data/spirals/spirals-01.pset

pset :: /home/we/dust/data/spirals/spirals-01.pset not read.

lua: /home/we/norns/lua/core/clock.lua:65: /home/we/dust/code/spirals/lib/spiral.lua:247: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local ‘note_idx’)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘error’

/home/we/norns/lua/core/clock.lua:65: in function ‘core/clock.resume’

lua:

/home/we/norns/lua/core/clock.lua:65: /home/we/dust/code/spirals/lib/spiral.lua:247: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (local ‘note_idx’)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function ‘error’

/home/we/norns/lua/core/clock.lua:65: in function ‘core/clock.resume’