Sumu

this looks unbelievable. i’ve dreamt of a tool like this

2 Likes

Awesome, cant wait to try it out!

20 characters of…
great news Randy!

1 Like

Of all the hypothetical “sell my gear and go with specialized software and controller” scenarios out there, SoundPlane + the Madrona software suite feels the most compelling.

8 Likes

Have been waiting for this one! Looks like a whole new approach to additive/FM!

I am puzzled by the KEY / INPUT module of kaivo and also this preview. Why is there no settings for a root note? Am I missing something? Adding a more comprehensive root note for MIDI would make this software more interesting for musicians around the globe. For now none of the “arabic” scales makes sense since they are dependent on a root note, and I also don’t recognize any of the common arabic scales (or maqam as they are called). I believe this also applies to just intonation. For such amazing plugs this seems to be the weakest point!

1 Like

if the .scl file you pick from the Scales directory has a companion .kbm file with the same name in that directory, that mapping will be loaded including the root note.

1 Like

spotted on my walk this morning – the hype is real!

edit: lol, after posting i see it probably says sumo and not sumu

8 Likes

just want to express my eternal gratitude for this :pray:t3::evergreen_tree: the enthusiasm is real. good luck with the release!

8 Likes