Swanshit - Remnant

I’m pretty excited about this. It’s my first album in a decade, and my first that I’m doing a physical release with. Very ambient/drone/noise, hopefully you all will enjoy. From a technical perspective, it’s a lot of guitar with ppooll processing, as well as assorted drum machines and feedback loops.

As a side note: I’ve got to say thanks to this community for making this album possible. I got pretty depressed and isolated over music for quite some time, and it wasn’t really until I started lurking around here that I got back to feeling that I could create again without feeling terrible about it and spiraling around in my head. Thanks for being such a positive and upbeat place to discuss!

15 Likes

This sounds super rad! Nicely done!

1 Like

i absolutely love this music. i can relate to it in many ways. thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Beautiful work! Loving the textures

1 Like

A few minutes into the first track and I’m already loving it. The crunchy grainy textures, the melancholic mood, the obsessive repetition and the overall faded sound of the tracks is really down my alley!

what’s that? Never heard of it!

1 Like

Thanks all, it really means a lot to me that anyone’s liking it. I finally remembered to make some Bandcamp codes, so if you want them, here they are.

p8y5-xf2w
vlhq-jzf4
7eef-ytjm
l77x-b79g
qmwh-xj6u
9bpp-eytq
3xfr-33uz
5qaw-w4m6
g8fq-hpyy
tudf-52bf

ppooll is an audio processing/improvisation thing written in Max. It’s sort of like a modular, in that you have different components that you can patch around. Hard to wrap your head around at first, but it can be pretty fun, since most of the acts (ppooll’s term for modules) are weird and can be broken in a lot of ways. Gets some real interesting noises! Nowadays I’d rather just muck about on the modular, since it’s easier to work with, but ppooll is definitely good for getting me out of my comfort zone and into some wild places.

Redeemed. This sounds awesome. Thank you so much for sharing.

This reminds me of my favorite album of all time which also has the word “remnant” in it’s title… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did use this one! Thank you so much!

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Really digging this, thanks @rainlet nice work

1 Like

Thanks, I’m so glad you guys are liking it!