ableton live grid keyboard
essentially an upgraded version of the computer MIDI keyboard feature in Ableton Live. here, most of the computer keyboard is utilized (w/ 4 rows at 4 octaves), & the keys are quantized to a custom scale. handy for laptop-only performance setups.
- drop synecdoche.amxd in a midi track in ableton
- key map the ‘q’ key to disable the annoying hot swap preset shortcut thing (⌘k)
- select yr computer keyboard with the dropdown (this may take some trial & error)
- hit a key! it makes notes! the keys shown are the keys that map to notes. there’s an octave separation btw rows on the keyboard.
- select notes in the scale where it says scale
- macs only register 3 simultaneous key presses at the same time :^( only triads srry