SynthFest|UK 2019 (October 5th, Sheffield)

I’m enjoying the Yorks love in here immensely

3 Likes

Wow. I’m an outdoors type, so these photos really appeal to me. Thanks for the extra information! Now, whether I can afford that much time to properly see things in October…

3 Likes

Beautiful pics!

Don’t forget Manchester and the Lakes… (I know, the other side of the Pennines!)

1 Like

Sounds like a better plan than my 40th!

There’s lots of modular, definitely. The big manufacturers were represented in terms of stand alone synths, but I’d say it was more modular than anything else last time. I got to play around with lots of it and had no clue what I was doing, reducing each system to either horrible gristle or silence before moving away sheepishly. Brilliant! Also I fondled an ARP 2600 and now I feel slightly less complete for not having one

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken there is a modular meet.

1 Like

Bought my ticket

Looking forward to getting my hands on some kit I’d never normally have the chance to try (hoping there will be some Buchla there :sparkles:)

Some kind of lines meetup (and maybe a cheeky pint or two :grin:?) would be great.

@sarmism how could I forget the lakes! Spoiled for choice for beautiful scenery up’t North aren’t we!

2 Likes

I am strongly in favour of this!

EDIT: just bought my ticket too

2 Likes

Yes, I think you’re right - I seem to remember one last year. If October is too far away (and you’re local), then the Leeds Modular Meet is in August – Modular Meets Leeds 2019

1 Like

Finally got round to sorting my ticket and travel! Maybe see some of you there!

2 Likes

Bought a ticket, but unfortunately I’m at a wedding on Saturday (that to my wife’s chagrin I had totally forgotten about :grimacing:).

Some kind of //////// synth meetup in Sheffield/Yorks in the future would be great. Seems there are a fair few of thas fellow Northerners knocking about on this forum :+1:

Also, if anyone wants my ticket (for free, and assuming they are transferable?) let me know.

2 Likes

Hope to bump into some of your folks in Sheffield too. I always love the social side of these events as much as the machines, wires and gadgets :smiley:

Creepshow are performing on Saturday night too after Synthfest (with Mal of Cabaret Voltaire and Benge, the man with the most spectacular synth collection imaginable)

2 Likes

I expect I’ll be wearing my 808 t-shirt if anyone wants to say hi :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve no idea how I’ll recognise people but I’ll stick probably my first ever selfie on Instagram on Saturday morning so that people know what I look like or they fancy saying hello!

1 Like

Ditto! 20 characters

You and about 300 other people!

2 Likes

For anyone going along, I put together a little timeline of the talks going on tomorrow. I don’t know why they don’t do this themselves, but they didn’t last year so I figured I’d do it myself this time around. Hope it comes in handy for somebody!

1 Like

That’s brilliant thanks for that! (Surprised they don’t do one already)

PS this is me!

1 Like

On our way!

1 Like

This is me (gods, I hate taking photos of myself!)

2 Likes