i’m calling this beta to encourage the bravest users to give it a go first (and report issues). final by the end of the week. much testing has already happened, and lots of new code in there.
CAUTION your scenes will be erased on update. if you type out your scenes first into a text editor, you’ll be able to re-import them via usb flash drive.
UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS: http://monome.org/docs/modular/update
- NEW usb flash drive read/write
- NEW SCRIPT OP for scripted execution of other scripts!
- NEW ORCA II control
- NEW MUTE and UNMUTE OPS for disabling trigger input
- NEW hotkeys for MUTE toggle per input (meta-shift-number)
- NEW screen indication in live mode for MUTE status
- NEW SCALE OP for scaling number from one range to another
- NEW JI OP just intonation helper
- NEW STATE OP to read current state of input triggers 1-8 (low/high = 0/1)
- NEW keypad executes scripts (works for standalone usb keypads and full-sized keyboards)
- NEW KILL OP clears delays, stack, cv slews, pulses
- NEW hotkey meta+ESC executes KILL
- NEW ABS OP absolute value, single argument
- NEW FLIP OP variable which changes state (0/1) on each read
- NEW LOGIC OPS: AND, OR, XOR
- NEW O OPS: O.MIN, O.MAX, O.WRAP, O.DIR for counter range control
- NEW DRUNK OPS: DRUNK.MIN, DRUNK.MAX, DRUNK.WRAP for range control
- NEW TR.POL specifies the polarity of TR.PULSE
- NEW if powered down in tracker mode, will power up in tracker mode
- IMP TR.PULSE retrigger behavior now predictable
- IMP mode switch keys more consistent (not contanstly resetting to live mode)
- FIX bug in command history in live mode
- FIX EXP OP now exists
- FIX P and PN parse error
- FIX possible crash on excess length line entry
- FIX CV wrapping with negative CV.OFF values
- FIX INIT script executed now on keyboardless scene recall
- FIX Q.AVG overflow no more
- FIX P.PUSH will fully fill a pattern
- FIX CV.SET followed by slewed CV in one command works
- FIX DEL 0 no longer voids command
(upon flashing new firmware, you’ll need to reboot to re-enable usb host.)
- USB DRIVE: FAT32 flash drive must be inserted at power-up. all scenes in flash will be written
TT??S.TXTto the root, where ?? is the scene number. any files labelled
TT??.TXTwill be read to flash at the scene position
??. the file format is text, human readable. i wouldn’t suggest doing complicated editing as the USB read doesn’t report syntax errors-- it just bails on that script. this feature is primarily intended for sharing scenes on the internet and backup.
SCRIPT x- run script x (1-8 only) has infinite loop detection.
UNMUTE xwill disable/enable external script trigger inputs. also tied to hotkeys meta+shift+(1-8). cool display in LIVE mode.
SCALE a b x y i- scale number i from range a-b to range x-y : (i * (y-x)/(b-a) )
JI x y- just intonation helper-- ratio divider normalized to 1v with maximum precision
STATE x- read the trigger state (script input voltage) for inputs 1-8 (read as 0/1)
- keypad executes scripts. standalone usb keypads can be used as a simple script trigger.
KILLclears stack, clears delays, cancels pulses, cancels slews. hotkey meta-ESC
ABS xreturns the absolute value of x
FLIPspecial variable returns inverted state on each read (also settable)
AND, OR, XOR- logical ops do logical things (take two args, return one)
O.MIN, O.MAX, O.WRAP, O.DIR- range control for special var
DRUNK OPS: DRUNK.MIN, DRUNK.MAX, DRUNK.WRAP- range control for
TR.POL x- polarity for
whoa. that really is a lot of stuff. enjoy! all reports appreciated.