I've been experimenting with this. What I know is that I've been able to blast reads on the Teletype's metro script as fast as I can get it to go without problems for hours.
I set up a somewhat punishing script to test reads on triggers. I set up my TXo to generate 4 independent triggers at
M 75 (not running off the Telex's clock) and also set them to clock divide so that 1 triggered on every pulse, 2 on every other, and so on.
Here is a version of the patch:
L 1 4 : TO.TR.M I 75
L 1 4 : TO.TR.TIME I 25
L 1 4 : TO.TR.PULSE.DIV I I
L 1 4 : TO.TR.M.ACT I 1
CV 1 TI.PARAM 1
CV 2 TI.PARAM 2
CV 3 TI.PARAM 3
CV 4 TI.PARAM 4
Here it is in action reading:
On 1.4.1 this thing has run for an hour. I've slowly been speeding up the metronomes.
- Rock solid for an hour at
- Still solid at
- Stable at
M 40 - a few visual screen artifacts.
M 30 the keyboard stopped reading - but the CVs still update on knob fiddling.
I'm in the process of making changes to the 2.0 branch for TELEX aliases. I'll most likely be able to run a similar test on 2.0 by tomorrow morning.
The docs look pretty good. It will be a serious accomplishment to have documentation that is automatically generated and in-sync with each firmware release. It will be a small price to pay to have it less "on brand" in order to keep it up to date and consistently organized, in my opinion. Kudos again, @sam, for all of the effort on this.