Teletype 2.1 is around the corner, so it’s time for the beta thread!
Latest build: Release Candidate 2
This time around, I’ll be rolling most of my recent work together for a few bug fixes and a few new features.
Here are the bug fixes:
- Issue 35: SCENE in an I script won’t run on first load
- Issue 38: AVG and Q.AVG round ties away from zero
- Issue 80: Recursive delays (DEL + SCRIPT) now function
- Issue 93: KILL will now clear TR outputs
- Issue 94: The I variable is now local to the L mod. I is no longer general-purpose.
Here are the new features:
- Script commands can now be disabled in EDIT mode with
ALT-/. Disabled lines persist across scene save/load.
- Lines can now be inserted in PRESET WRITE mode with
- Tracker data entry now buffered (won’t change until you hit
- CTRL-F1 through CTRL-F8 mutes/unmutes scripts
- CTRL-F9 enables/disables the METRO
And the new operators:
BPM [x](was MSPB): gets the number of milliseconds per beat for x BPM.
LAST: gets the last time since a script was last called (Tap tempo:
M LAST SCRIPT)
SCRIPT: with no arguments gets the current script number
BREAK: stops executing the current script and any subsequent
W [x]:- a while loop mod that uses a condition instead of a counter like
@, the Turtle operator
All of these features have been somewhat vetted by the community, and all (except maybe W?) have been okayed by @tehn.
This thread will focus on the aforementioned features and operators, and the testing thereof. If you have things you’d like to see in later firmware revisions, check out the New Operators & Features thread.
- Try out your favourite scenes.
- Try new scenes with the new features.
- Try out your most complex scenes
- Build new complex scenes
- If anything is unclear about any feature or op, just ask!
- If anything breaks, document the script and post it in the thread with the symptoms
Here’s to a well-tested release candidate!