Added a bugfix to cause entered numeric values to saturate at the appropriate limits. (PR #128)
Alpha 1 Release
Status: Superseded by Alpha 2
- NEW: new bitwise ops: &, |, BSET, BCLR, BGET
NEW: new ops
PARAM.SCALE min maxand
IN.SCALE min maxto add static scaling to inputs
- NEW: blanking screensaver after 90 minutes of keyboard inactivity, any key to wake
- NEW: new op: CHAOS chaotic sequence generator. Control with CHAOS.ALG and CHAOS.R
- IMP: screen now redraws only lines that have changed
- FIX: multiply now saturates at limits, previous behaviour returned 0 at overflow
- FIX: entered values now saturate at int16 limits
- FIX: reduced flash memory consumption by not storing TEMP script
Alpha 2 Release
teletype.zip (120.4 KB)
- FIX: live mode redraw fixup
Why this release was removed temporarily:
Short answer: compiler bug. Vexed me for a while.
(Teletype) Monitoring Live Variables (Done)
i noticed that the shortcut for help screen is listed as
Alt-?. it’s a bit confusing since the actual shortcut is
Alt-Shift-/. perhaps we should allow both
Alt-Shift-/ to avoid confusion? (and it can stay as
Alt-? in the docs).
Alpha 3 Release
teletype-2.2.0-alpha.3.zip (120.5 KB)
PARAM.SCALE is great.
One question though, is it normal that PARAM.SCALE 1 16 results in a maximum of 15 ?
PARAM.SCALE, does your
PARAM go all the way to 16383?
There is a bug in Alpha 3 it seems, as I’m scaling to 16384 not 16383, but that won’t make a difference if your
PARAM value doesn’t go all the way.
PARAM.CAL.MIN are on the way and will solve this problem, I’ll make bugfix at that time.
Great. Mine goes up to 16340 only.
Yeah, I am seeing slight inconsistencies with PARAM.SCALE as well.
PARAM.SCALE 0 24
yields values between 0 and 23
Same comment as above. If your naked
PARAM at fully-clockwise does not reach 16384, then the maximum value yielded by a scaled
PARAM will be off-by-one.
Yup, my PARAM on it’s own seems to slightly fluctuate between 16320 and 16336.
thread recategorized to Development
My screen never goes fully blank. The only thing that happens is the message “Teletype 2.2.0-Alpha.3: 2424CFF” disappears, but the prompt and top right corner symbols and text are always visible.
Thanks for the report! This turned out to be excessive sensitivity in sampling the knob value. Fixed in…
teletype.zip (120.6 KB)
- Fixed buffer overflow in version string display
- Reduced knob sensitivity for screensaver wake
teletype.zip (120.6 KB)
- Fixed bug when changing scripts in edit mode with
teletype.zip (121.3 KB)
- Implemented new calibration operators
PARAM.CAL.MAX | set and return param max PARAM.CAL.MIN | set and return param min
- Same set of operators for
- Turn knob fully counterclockwise
- Observe the value
- Repeat step 2 several times to understand jitter
- Turn knob fully clockwise
- Repeat step 6 several times
- Calibration data saves across reboots
- Calibration data is cleared whenever new firmware is loaded
(Teletype) IN / PARAM Calibration (Done)
As the USB filesystem rewrite will require copious testing, I’m going to push it back to version 2.3, where it will be the first and likely only feature that I add.