Teletype 3.0 Release Candidate 5 documentation added

teletype

as in more space to save scenes or prebuilt ones? I think the idea is that this version, less any bugfixes, is version 3.0, so likely no.

I have made the mistake of using a Mac formatted USB drive instead of FAT32, and it behaves the way you describe. Something to check.

Just checking… Did you remove the “s” suffix from the scenes you wanted to import?

good calls - haven’t thought of that!

do you mean the default scenes that are included with the firmware? it’s a good question, iirc not all 32 scenes are used so far, might be a good time to review and expand. likely something for next version, it would be good to discuss which ones to include, we could have something from just type studies, a couple of grid scenes, something for kria, telex, er-301 etc.

Ah, I thought it was meant additional as in more than 1 - 8 plus I and M…

:grinning:

Yes. Currently there are a few for modules no longer commercially available. New, more relevant ones would be helpful.

My 2c, the included scenes should try to cover the range of commands (within reason). So it would make sense to add something that talks to JF, TX, W/, and something that demonstrates the grid commands.

Luckily, the included scenes is definitely something more of us can work on, since all it requires is that you write a good scene and submit it for consideration :slightly_smiling_face:

Right. Also, there have been a number of new commands added/introduced since the original scenes were written.

i would love to see a shiny new collection of scenes that could be distributed with the new TT 3.0

probably not 3.0 but 3.1. it will take some time to write new scenes / consider what to include (and i really like the idea of making this a community effort). also, i’m hoping to add a couple of features that can be part of 3.1 that should make it easier to create more general scenes that could be easily adapted for just friends / telex / er-301 etc etc.

i don’t think we necessarily need to try and cover as many ops as possible (although we should try and use as many as we can) - this is probably better addressed by more studies. for the included scenes i think the main goals should be:

• providing scenes that can be used out of the box with no or very little modification
  • simple scenes that would serve as a good starting point for further exploration

and we should strive to make them as readable as possible so they can serve as studies in their own right (although it’d be good to include one super dense scene as an example of what’s possible).

for ops usage, including the new ones and the old ones that tend to be underused, studies is probably a better way to cover it. what would be really awesome is to also make this a community effort and have a set of additional studies created by the community.

You win!

It was actually a combo of a dodgy USB stick and this.

All good now :slight_smile:

I recently updated Teletype to 3.0 and a couple lines now have a “?” in them.

For instance, one is PN 0 7 ? and the other is CV.OFF 5 ?

However, both are followed by a G.BTN.V command… Could that be a clue as to what’s going on?

@scanner_darkly ??

To further clarify:

CV.OFF 5 ? G.BTN.V 18 N 12 0

What the line does is shift the output an octave higher when latched on, back to 0 offset when off.

I don’t remember or know how it’s working now! :nerd_face:. But the button still works like it’s supposed to…is ? an operator/command I forgot about and is not documented?

? is the ternary operator. Essentially the equivalent of an if/then/else. Searching the forum should help find some examples.

Ah…so I did know what I was doing when I used that. :man_facepalming:t2:

thanks @GoneCaving for linking the post!

docs will be done really really soon, i’m working my way through the remaining grid ops and hoping to have them done early next week (the fact the docs are my top priority is evidenced by me having a dream last night where i was announcing the only docs that remain to be done are for grid ops - at a family gathering out of all places :))

if you don’t mind, i’m going to ask mods to merge this thread to the 3.0 thread.

It was my first inclination to post it here…:nerd_face:. So why didn’t I???

i’m not sure, but i am tempted to add ??? as a new op :slight_smile:

??? [if x is true, Teletype outputs voltages for Chopsticks, but in Phrygian mode]