Teletype 3.0

teletype

Does INIT.DATA work?

Same thing, the value of M resets but the metronome keeps ticking at the old rate.

the issue is logged: https://github.com/monome/teletype/issues/174
and fixed, the latest beta posted here: Teletype 3.+ feature requests and discussion

the bug was also in INIT and INIT.DATA, fixed those as well.

Ah, I missed that. Thanks :slight_smile:

posted new files - no change, just to update the commit version number.

My Teletype just blanked itself too. It was running fine last night and when I powered up this morning everything was gone. Guess I should get better at backing up.

I’m running 3.0 and the TT has an I2C backpack and is connected to a TXo and JF.

sorry to hear that, hopefully you didn’t lose too much…

everybody still running 3.0 firmware - i would strongly advise to do a backup and then update to the beta 3.+ version posted in this thread: Teletype 3.+ feature requests and discussion as it has additional protections against this bug.

I needed a fresh start, anyway – ha ha! But seriously, I’ll definitely be updating to the new beta tonight. Thanks!

Hey folks, the dreaded scene wipe got me yesterday / today as well. I had backed up recently, so not that big of a deal.

Just to provide some data about what I was doing:

• I’d really only been working on a single scene.
  • Last night, I transitioned to a new scene.
  • I didn’t actually add anything to the new scene, but I’d run some commands from the Live view.
  • I powered down without saving the new scene.

That’s all I can think of as far as actual actions taken, sadly. Today I powered up and there were no scenes on the device.

I’ve already updated to the latest beta, so hopefully all save now.

Teletype workflow, basics, and questions

thanks for the info, and sorry you lost your scenes, glad you had a recent backup.
do you remember the scene numbers by any chance?

The one that I had been operating on & the one that I switched to? It was 9 & 10, respectively.

(If that’s what you mean :sweat_smile:)

yep, that was my question, thanks!